2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

38 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Woke up to find standing at all of bmths arenas apart from Birmingham has sold sold out. Impressive from them

doesn't that generally happen with most acts? especially the heavier ones - you don't want to have to go to a BMTH show and sit down. i think i'd rather just not go to a show like that than have to sit down

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

doesn't that generally happen with most acts? especially the heavier ones - you don't want to have to go to a BMTH show and sit down. i think i'd rather just not go to a show like that than have to sit down

I was just surprised places like Manchester arrena sold out standing in minutes and standing for the 02 sold out faster than aly paly. The academy tour didn't sell particularly quickly. The academy in Glasgow didn't sell out, nor did one of the academy shows in Birmingham. 

8 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

I was just surprised places like Manchester arrena sold out standing in minutes and standing for the 02 sold out faster than aly paly. The academy tour didn't sell particularly quickly. The academy in Glasgow didn't sell out, nor did one of the academy shows in Birmingham. 

hm maybe just the case of people knowing that if they didn't get standing this morning they'd have to sit, so all got up to get tickets rather than wait it out (like you could for an all standing venue). also touts. be interesting to see how full/empty these arenas are

52 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

I've got a friend who doesn't listen to heavier music at all, pretty much judt dance, but at predrinks the other day he was asking for Throne to be played

They're really crossing over into the mainstream

Throne sounds like a cross between Pendulum and Linkin Park to me (and no, that's not meant as a compliment). 

51 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Fairplay to BMTH, it looks as though bar Birmingham that the tour except for some rear or very high seating is sold out. 4hours time, that's not too shabby to be fair.

practically the same tour as Foals as well and they're touted to be headlining R&L this year, think BMTH will be headlining Download or R&L in 2017

23 minutes ago, foolee said:

practically the same tour as Foals as well and they're touted to be headlining R&L this year, think BMTH will be headlining Download or R&L in 2017

No it's bigger, it's the O2 and not Wembley Arena and also they are doing Nottingham and that's one of the one's along with the NIA that have been known to take longer to sell out.

I'd be surprised if they aren't heading Download next year, Reading was only just gone so I doubt it there. I think they needed this tour to be able to do it though.

6 hours ago, not worthy said:

I didn't have an opinion on The 1975 before seeing them in William's Green for a Glastonbury Thursday evening slot.

They were awful, walked away with the opinion that William's Green was about the max size venue for them only to discover they were going to be on the Pyramid over the weekend.......at that point I realised that it must be me who has no taste whatsoever and they must be fantastic

I totally agree with you on this one deffinately not worthy of the Pyramid!

2 minutes ago, Likelylad87 said:

Any one think that Brand New could play. They haven't played in a while and I know they are probably more of a reading/Leeds band but they are still touring this year with Canada in early June and I for one would love to see them somewhere on the line up.

They could maybe play the death cab or dfa slot from last year, a couple from the top or subbing in JPT, but I consider it unlikely myself 

20 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They could maybe play the death cab or dfa slot from last year, a couple from the top or subbing in JPT, but I consider it unlikely myself 

yeah if they were gonna come over to then UK to do any festivals you'd think it'd be Reading/Leeds considering they cancelled last time they were supposed to play. could do both i guess... but i don't think we'll see them at Glastonbury again (but would love to be wrong)

4 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

He's bigger than mark ronson, ben howard and jamie t were last year? I wouldn't think so

yes, he's way bigger than all of them.

The Weeknd essentially headlined Coachella last year, as despite being 2nd on the poster for Saturday, the promoters knew he was far more popular than Jack White who was supposedly the headliner, and put The Weeknd on after him on the main stage, and he drew a far bigger crowd.

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The Weeknd essentially headlined Coachella last year, as despite being 2nd on the poster for Saturday, the promoters knew he was far more popular than Jack White who was supposedly the headliner, and put The Weeknd on after him on the main stage, and he drew a far bigger crowd.

i initially thought he was gonna take Other sub, but i wouldn't at all be surprised to see him sub the Pyramid now after getting so huge (although could comfortably take third down as well)

13 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

That's in the states though, it doesn't mean he's the same size here. Sia is probably going sub at Coachella this year, wouldn't play close to that high here.

no, but his album/singles performance is better than them here too.

clearly bigger than Jamie T and Ben Howard. Mark Ronson is harder to gauge as Uptown Funk was huge, but the album did no better than BBTM, and The Weeknd had several hit singles, whereas only Uptown Funk did anything for Ronson, the other singles failed to chart.

there is absolutely no chance that he subs Other.

18 hours ago, thewayiam said:

@Mezhyp1 I'm also starting to think The Prodigy might not be a goer, they did do this latest arena tour and ally pally nights plus academys earlier. You have think think James Bay is a strong contender for a sub spot.

I've considered them unlikely for a while now, still not a an impossibility but I don't see it. I know nothing by James Bay, other than I walked by the pyramid last year when he was playing it was fucking busy