After Dark - where to go?

Quark

What time does the Bimble Inn close?

Also in 2013 on the Friday (1am ish I think) we stumbled across a bar/tent that was advertising itself as guilty pleasures and playing air guitar cheese/80's etc. Some guy proposed to his Mrs on stage and they got carried around by the crowd, a load of giant balloons got dropped onto the crowd and its was all in all bloody amazing .... It was over near where the bourbon street used to be !!

Im sure last year we saw an act that started at 3am on the Friday night / Saturday morning, and we stayed there until 5. My best night last year

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does silver hayes do late night stuff? Just wonder why anyone would choose to go there over shangri-la etc

Yeah, The Blues have dj's/mc's until the early hours, usually have some great reggae djs on at least one night which are worth a look, such a good atmosphere in there when they are on.

Id also recommend the silent disco in the Sonic tent, again live djs/mcs on stage but have about 45 min-1 hour sets so the music styles are constantly changing. One of the best nights Ive had at Glasto was in there last year.

Im also a sucker for Arcadia at least one night every year, although Ive never done the SE corner so want to get into the Common this year. The idea of a cheesy tunes night in Williams Green does sound good though.

I am meaning to check out the blues one of the nights this year. In 2013 I met a great group of Irish blokes who loved the place and were heading back there after portishead, I would have joined them but had promised to meet up with the kids that night. Their enthusiasm for the place tells me it would be great for folk like me.

oooh that sounds good, love a bit of Pulp, does anyone else know where this was? We were at Williams Green last year on the Thursday night and it was very cheesy, good fun but not sure I could do it every night Thanks for the info from everyone so far

I can't remember the name of the bar, but it's a tented one down and opposite Williams green where the Bourbon bar used to be. We had a great time listening to some old philly and soul classics, they really mix it up in there, they tent to play floor fillers but not drum and bass or housie stuff. I remember going there when it was absolutely rammed and couldn't see the DJ, dancing like a loon outside and also coming back from the SE corner early hours just as it was closing dancing almost on my own by the DJ :)

Edited by ghandi

Well this worked out better than I expected!! I knew there must be more going on than the heavy dance stuff and the obvious wander through Block 9. All suggestions gratefully received, and glad to see this might have helped out a few others in the same boat!

With the size of the site it's so easy to wander past these sorts of shenanigans and completely miss them, and SE corner is just the default setting. Looking forward to this.

See you all at Guilty Pleasures!!

I've decided, it's the SE corner wander one night and end up somewhere other than there, the other nights wandering around the site looking for different venues, this thread will be a great help.

Did anyone else find that tiny little place at shangri-la last year that was like basically an office?

We popped our heads in to see what it was and we got dragged in by 'the boss' who was screaming about us being late.... some other fella was walking around asking people to fax things, throwing folders around.

I got given a note that said 'I love you pig'.

Can't remember what music they were playing, but I'm sure it wasn't techno or anything hardcore, remember singing along. It was a fun little place to spend 20 mins or so.

Yeah, this was a crazy little place :), me and a mate walked through it, stayed there for about 15 minutes handing folders around etc, completely bizarre but a great laugh. We were drunk, god knows what I was like if you were on something!

kinda feel the same. didn't even bother last year. year before, walked around a bit without really stopping. was fun but didn't feel the need to do it again. so much more to see and do without the crowds.

This will be my 7th year and apart from 2009 when I went to Trash City (remember that one kids), I haven't ventured into the SE corner after the bands have finished. I always have expectations of going there every year but once Im at Glasto I really cant be arsed with the thought of been in massive queues or crowds just moving between places and not actually enjoying anything.

Last time I went to the SE Corner was the Saturday night in 2013. We decided to go back to camp to regroup after the Stones to get some more drinks and have a chat about our days.

Then went to SE Corner around 1-2am and found it wasn't too packed and only took 2mins of queuing to get in.

I am thinking of using the same strategy this time around.

It can get busy in the SE Corner, but I personally rate the new crowd congestion queue system they have going on.

Would definitely recommend going before or during the last headliner though if you aren't fussed or later on at around 1am.

Another recommendation is Strummerville which sound like it could be brilliant this year up in it's new home above the Tipi field.

I've stumbled across some great secret acoustic sets there and the atmosphere is very chilled.

they really need to put better crowd control measures in place, you cant enjoy anything when youve being shoved from pillar to post and your not even free to stop and see anything because of people pushing from behind. it ruins what is an awesome area of the festival.

People complain enough about what measures there are. Before the one way system it was a disaster waiting to happen (even though it was alot of fun being caught in that huge shuffling mass of crazy people).

Has anyone mentioned Strummerville? I have my fingers crossed for there to be back to its best this year - was a nice bustling out of the way place with decent lineup (none of which ive ever seen!), a fire and some sofas. Then it became part of the crush, and then it was moved - but out of the SE this year, so fingers crossed.

My best nights wander was rabbit hole stage about 30 mins before FBS came on, I'd no idea but seemed like something was going to happen - then SE corner for end of Rudimental on hell stage, then bumped into some people and brought them to piano bar, then left them and headed back to SE, then bumped into some other people. Not my faviourite acts, but all luck - tried subsequent nights and they were all failures.

Maybe everyone waits for Sat night, so unless you get there while the Stones are on, or something like that, you'll just be herded, so Thurs and Fri better?

I've never felt like I'm being herded through the SE corner, but then I'm drunk and like a lot of the music and to get involved with the craziness. The only exception is Block 9 and there can be a bit of a bottleneck between the Genosys crowd and the NYC Downlow queue where it feels like you're shuffling along for the sake of it. I don't think the mud helped last year.

I really like the Apple Smuggerlz bar, if I remember correctly there was a trap door which led out into a garden with a DJ playing out the back.

Planning on spending at least some of an evening up at The Park this year as I have yet to go there after dark.

I had one great night out in the se corner in 2013 as we werent bothered about the monkeys so went down while they were on stage and got down and into the venues easily......last year total different experience no fun at all just felt like being part of a herd of cattle trying to get down there, people were even getting quite angry and ive never seen that at glastonbury before, just a total crush....and when we got down there eventually it was the same to get anywhere, the venues, the themed stuff anything, total letdown we left after half an hour or so, unless the theme of the year was the london underground at rushhour then it wasnt an experience id describe as fun.

may not even bother this year, not unless im made aware theyve sorted out the crowding issues and cattle herding way of getting to the area. its a shame as I know a lot of it is awesome.......but I dont go to a festival to get stressed nothing is worth that! haha

You know what, you bloody right about that. I will be looking elsewhere for a more relaxed yet entertaining evening

Surprised no one has mentioned the Brothers Bar yet. I know that's a daytime venue for a lot of people, but once the West Holts stage closes down for the night, they ramp the sound up there and play a mash up of all sorts - Indie, Michael Jackson, Pop, etc, etc. Me and my mates have had a couple of good nights there - it can get cold mind stood in the field.

Silver Hayes - WOW tent is great and so is the Pussy Parlure. Blues is great too if you like Ragga and Raggae.

Bread and Roses Bar normally have bands on till pretty late, and the Tea Tent opposite transforms itself into a Rave / Trance place.

Park is great, I particularly like the place where you can go and jam - mainly percussion, but there is a piano and a couple of guitars. Spent a couple of happy hours there last year strumming sh*te.....

Edited by Nickyboy

Surprised no one has mentioned the Brothers Bar yet. I know that's a daytime venue for a lot of people, but once the West Holts stage closes down for the night, they ramp the sound up there and play a mash up of all sorts - Indie, Michael Jackson, Pop, etc, etc. Me and my mates have had a couple of good nights there - it can get cold mind stood in the field.

Silver Hayes - WOW tent is great and so is the Pussy Parlure. Blues is great too if you like Ragga and Raggae.

Bread and Roses Bar normally have bands on till pretty late, and the Tea Tent opposite transforms itself into a Rave / Trance place.

Park is great, I particularly like the place where you can go and jam - mainly percussion, but there is a piano and a couple of guitars. Spent a couple of happy hours there last year strumming sh*te.....

Do they do beds outside the Brothers bar after hours as well ................ because I wouldn't make it back to mine otherwise :)

Done that in my first year and found the atmsophere....a bit friday town centre like with massive dickheads wanting to start trouble. (That said the SE corner has got that vibe sometimes to.)

Its not to bad in a group standing/sitting away from the bar I guess, but thats true of anywhere on site playing a bit of music.

Edited by LondonTom