Glastocam!

pauladam

23 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The Tor rising  out the mist this morning, I feel the lure of a pre Xmas visit to the area getting stronger 😊

3DCB2BEF-337E-4FDD-AA87-2D423C49D41D.thumb.png.aaecbacf19ca091d9b70f290c7e61085.png

We are going to stay just outside Pilton for two nights 27th-29th Dec, going to hopefully walk my dog across the farm (on a lead of course) 

Will take some pics and upload to here of course.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

We are going to stay just outside Pilton for two nights 27th-29th Dec, going to hopefully walk my dog across the farm (on a lead of course) 

Will take some pics and upload to here of course.

Sounds good, Hopefully heading down pre Xmas for a stay in the town,  as long as the fog clears! 

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sounds good, Hopefully heading down pre Xmas for a stay in the town,  as long as the fog clears! 

We are staying in a cottage in West Pennard. 🙂 

Hopefully some restaurants will be open at that time of the year, we are also limited with other attractions like Wookey Hole as we have our dog. 

2 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

So this teaser image that is one of the 'Best Shots' is on the usual archive links.
Wonder if it was uploaded yesterday and we missed it, or if it was uploaded today or it's been sat there since yesterday?!

16-50-00_default.jpg

image.png.2b7fdea7c99a94133199fcd38c9b9366.png

https://www.tievolu.co.uk/glasto/GlastoWebcamTool.html

It was uploaded yesterday

8 minutes ago, leath02 said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it was.

It was uploaded with a file name from yesterday, but that's incredibly easy to fake. Easy enough that "fake" is probably too strong a word.

I think it was uploaded at approx 10:54am today - or at least, the file at https://panodata.panomax.com/cams/879/2022/11/30/16-50-00_default.jpg has a "last-modified" header of "Thu, 01 Dec 2022 10:54:13 GMT".

12 minutes ago, leath02 said:

That is just how the file is named on the server (that's the link / image I posted). As it wasn't from the actual webcam, it's been edited, it doesn't actually mean it was uploaded yesterday. It could have been added to the server today but with yesterday's date as the file name.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it was.

It was uploaded with a file name from yesterday, but that's incredibly easy to fake. Easy enough that "fake" is probably too strong a word.

I think it was uploaded at approx 10:54am today - or at least, the file at https://panodata.panomax.com/cams/879/2022/11/30/16-50-00_default.jpg has a "last-modified" header of "Thu, 01 Dec 2022 10:54:13 GMT".

Forgot to look at the page info in the browser. Was looking for 'Image Properties' or whatever it was called. Well spotted! 🙂

18 minutes ago, incident said:

Specifically, this is the header from the "Elton" image:

image.png.10dcc0207f028e8b3a31a75288bab22e.png

Whereas this is the header from the "legitimate" image 15 minutes earlier:

image.png.850937c10bb6453b1ae4de9b4e1043b8.png

that is exceptional detective work

they did try and cover their tracks then by naming the file correctly and everything! just couldn't hide from that 'last-modifed' stamp