Glastocam!

pauladam

Further to the debate on the larger screens this year - here's a comparison of the new posts, marked against the webcam image from 2017. I think they're pretty much the same width, but that doesn't rule out anything.

image.thumb.jpeg.b6727c75ca594b7fa8495f14b0042644.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0796328f5ad749e6964ddbc3f38d5297.jpeg

Edited by broken monkey
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So once the fence is up are you restricted to the lanes such as Cockmill and Pylle road. 

We have access up to a certain time and then yes, we go to the lanes. There’s a lovely hilly route that goes up pylle road, around the top of worthy pastures(?) , by pilton cider and the Manor House, and down the road past dragon field, following the fence up to blue gate. That one gets your lungs a-pumping 

11 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

We have access up to a certain time and then yes, we go to the lanes. There’s a lovely hilly route that goes up pylle road, around the top of worthy pastures(?) , by pilton cider and the Manor House, and down the road past dragon field, following the fence up to blue gate. That one gets your lungs a-pumping 

Done that walk, I emphasise walk, several times. Just love wandering the lanes that radiate out from the village. In the week pre festival if I was to drive from Glastonbury to Shepton M is the road through Pilton open or better to use the other route? 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Done that walk, I emphasise walk, several times. Just love wandering the lanes that radiate out from the village. In the week pre festival if I was to drive from Glastonbury to Shepton M is the road through Pilton open or better to use the other route? 

The A361 from Glastonbury to Pilton  is always open. The smaller ones only close or go one way on the Tuesday.

I know that a few people here have been wondering around the site for a walk before the security starts in earnest.

I would like to do that one day. Can I just park up somewhere and explore?

Can anyone recommend the best place to park?

How long do you reckon this will still be possible?

1 hour ago, broken monkey said:

Further to the debate on the larger screens this year - here's a comparison of the new posts, marked against the webcam image from 2017. I think they're pretty much the same width, but that doesn't rule out anything.

image.thumb.jpeg.b6727c75ca594b7fa8495f14b0042644.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0796328f5ad749e6964ddbc3f38d5297.jpeg

Looking at images from 2019, they do appear to hang from the supports, but there is also some horizontal bracing behind them as well. In 2019 (and 2017) by the looks of it the supports were double thickness, with the bracing behind the screens attached to the rear most support. So In theory they could just be the same screens again even with this new middle support, so it’s inconclusive either way at this stage, especially if the speakers remain the same position because there isn’t a huge amount of room to make the screens bigger without being partially blocked by them:

C9D7EF0C-0377-47EA-9DC5-C6D894283302.jpeg

98B7BE82-9087-4BCF-89E1-23EF3A59D62C.jpeg

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1

Thinking about it, given that the speaker arrays will still need to hang on either side I don't think we'll be getting bigger screens after all... (edit: like Nobby just said lol)

The additional post implies a heavier load right? What else might require that?

Edited by Junglist1981

9 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

I know that a few people here have been wondering around the site for a walk before the security starts in earnest.

I would like to do that one day. Can I just park up somewhere and explore?

Can anyone recommend the best place to park?

How long do you reckon this will still be possible?

Footpath closures are from Tue so I’d imagine Monday ( tomorow ) will be the latest and we also expect to see signs of the fence appearing then to 

Edited by crazyfool1