Glastocam!

pauladam

16 minutes ago, dmedxb said:

I've absolutely no professional experience in this sort of thing but maybe they're starting ahead of schedule in anticipation of staff covid illness over the next few weeks? 

To me it seems they maybe start with that as it’s symbolic, serious stages fit everything out on the Pyramid, but they also supply the other stage and build that from scratch and that doesn’t start going up until much much later.

18 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I don’t think it needs to be dressed this early (although I guess they’ve got to start somewhere) but do you think there is an aspect of getting it dressed early to bring the awareness up? 

Not in the slightest.

I think it's because it's something that's done by the regular worthy farm crew, so they don't need to rush it into the "main" build schedule (which properly kicks in in a couple weeks). So they'll schedule it at a time that makes sense for the farm calendar. Same applies to setting up the long drops and a couple other things.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

To me it seems they maybe start with that as it’s symbolic, serious stages fit everything out on the Pyramid, but they also supply the other stage and build that from scratch and that doesn’t start going up until much much later.

Serious do the "stage" part - ie the innards, but unless some of the stuff already delivered is theirs, they don't do anything that we've seen to date.

In terms of when the actual fit out comes, it helps that Serious are based literally just down the road from Worthy Farm - they're one of several companies that exist because they started at Glastonbury Festival in this case when a neighbouring farmer was roped in to build a stage. So they can work to a relatively flexible schedule. The proximity also created a weird situation a few years back where they randomly build a bridge on the farm, and nobody on here could figure out why. They then dismantled it a few weeks before the festival started - turned out they were testing it out ahead of either Leeds or Reading.

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I know we’ve had an enforced break so it makes sense to test the Pyramid cover early, but it keeps getting dressed earlier anyway. I don’t think it needs to be dressed this early (although I guess they’ve got to start somewhere) but do you think there is an aspect of getting it dressed early to bring the awareness up? 

They might be just as excited as we are and want to crack on to get it looking good.

That announcement was designed to stop us watching the webcam activity … those huts aren't  on the move .... cos im blind and they are definately not one the back of that lorry that is clearly parked up in front of them 

edited cos im a fool 

14C9D96D-CA06-4CE8-BF40-4BE94325AB17.jpeg

Edited by crazyfool1