Headliners 2016

thewayiam

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If I did that though I wouldn't be out of bed at eleven. It'd be harder to shake any hangover and get back on it. Whereas now I crawl out of the tent and the fresh air starts on you while your laying around coming round. 

That's a fair point. Sounds easy writing about it but it would take some discipline getting yourself up and out of bed I suppose. Usually it's the stifling heat that forces me out of the tent. That first breath of fresh, cool air is a godsend 

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It sounds ace and you think you'd make more of your day but I actually think I'd do and see less. Probably wouldn't get through the gates till three or four every day.

Yeh agree with this. Some of my favorite bands are the ones on really early in the afternoon (King Gizzard, anyone?), which I'd hate to miss because I couldn't get up from my oh-so-comfy bed.

10 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Lol, nice try but somehow I don't think "when stopped in the street Ian Brown says they're recording something" amounts to the 'news ... announced' that you were hanging your hat/credibility on.

Nah you are right to be fair. I did know they would be going into the studio (I expect they've already been in before now as well), but what I was actually alluding to was that all of the speculation was correct and something was coming out on Friday 4th March. So much so that I still believe this was the case until very shortly before that day, so my March expectation was based on it merely being a delay (which I was also told). For whatever reason, that was pulled. Fully aware I look like a mug now :D At least we know music is coming out though.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope Queen Bey headlines again next year. It's really rare that a headliner starts releasing their best stuff after they headline, Beyonce has now released her two best albums after her turn on the Pyramid. We know she'll be on the farm for the Sunday, hopefully Emily makes her an offer.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I really hope Queen Bey headlines again next year. It's really rare that a headliner starts releasing their best stuff after they headline, Beyonce has now released her two best albums after her turn on the Pyramid. We know she'll be on the farm for the Sunday, hopefully Emily makes her an offer.

i was thinking today that it's a shame she headlined when she did and not on this album run, but i sincerely doubt she'll ever return to headline, especially not this soon. acts her like her headlining are such a rarity that the likelihood of them booking them a second time in the same decade seems very slim

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

i was thinking today that it's a shame she headlined when she did and not on this album run, but i sincerely doubt she'll ever return to headline, especially not this soon. acts her like her headlining are such a rarity that the likelihood of them booking them a second time in the same decade seems very slim

I hold out hope, her making the trip to make Chris look even more like a hapless supply teacher than usual makes me think that she holds some affection for the place. Remember her moshing to Jay Z in that press pit in 2007? He can be down there working it out to her tunes this time, so she can keep an eye on him (speaking of artists' fortunes after their headline shows, what the fuck happened Jay? As if that Magna Carta album wasn't low enough for one man to stoop).

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She definitely seems like an obvious choice to get back as soon as they can.  There's no doubt that of the 2011 alumni she's in a purple patch, whereas Will Champion and the lads have flatlined. 

Her 2011 headline performance will be one of the most memorable and iconic Glastonbury performances for a lot of people now. Before 2011 it was me and my dad, who is in his fifties trying to get tickets every year because we wanted to go after seeing those 4 Shakey songs they broadcast in '09. That Beyonce performance dominated my Facebook feed the night she played, I think pretty much all of the group I go with registered after that.

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Her 2011 headline performance will be one of the most memorable and iconic Glastonbury performances for a lot of people now. Before 2011 it was me and my dad, who is in his fifties trying to get tickets every year because we wanted to go after seeing those 4 Shakey songs they broadcast in '09. That Beyonce performance dominated my Facebook feed the night she played, I think pretty much all of the group I go with registered after that.

Probably a pivotal performance, in the grand scheme of things, for the festival and its future.  With five years of hindsight it seems an increasingly smart booking.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably a pivotal performance, in the grand scheme of things, for the festival and its future.  Wih five years of hindsight it seems an increasingly smart booking.

mad to think that she very possibly only supposed to sub Coldplay originally when Prince was penciled in for the Sunday. i still think it's weird that she was ever considered a sub at the time despite being one of the words biggest stars

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably a pivotal performance, in the grand scheme of things, for the festival and its future.  With five years of hindsight it seems an increasingly smart booking.

Really?! I didn't see/hear a single word about the Beyoncé set after the festival. Cant even remember many people discussing it on here. Queens of the Stone Age was one of the greatest glastonbury sets of all time and blew Beyonce away.

And that's the bottom line, cos Zane Lowe said so.

7 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Really?! I didn't see/hear a single word about the Beyoncé set after the festival. Cant even remember many people discussing it on here. Queens of the Stone Age was one of the greatest glastonbury sets of all time and blew Beyonce away.

And that's the bottom line, cos Zane Lowe said so.

She was excellent,  but hubby was even better ;-)

*hides *

Edited by clarkete

10 hours ago, mhm said:

Chances of SUUNS playing R&L are extremely high, going from Green Man Fest to Scotland whilst in the UK.

My guess is Reading on the Friday and Leeds on the Saturday. 

Have a look at this.

http://www.songkick.com/artists/3331681-suuns/calendar

This is the best Glastonbury headliners 2016 information I've ever heard.

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I was at QOTSA. I'm very pleased I did.

I saw a bit of Beyonce back on iplayer and it looked alright actually. 

Her new record is fascinating. 6 Inch Heels is a choon.

Not regretting missing her show for Queens tho. Top ten best things I've seen at the farm.

I'm talking about the booking, as distinct from the performance.  

Viewed as an Ike & Tina-esque soul revue, the opening few numbers were five star stuff.  Where it actually went wrong was trying to cater to the more trad-rock audience by covering things like Kings of fucking Leon.

But a return booking - if they could get her - looks an infinitely better idea for the festival than bringing back other recent debutantes like Kasabian.