thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Review here.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/apr/04/muse-review-o2-arena-london

It’ll be interesting to see how Drone and the lads manage without all their inflatable Matt Bellamys.

I'm going to one of the O2 nights next week. Can't say I'm a huge fan of anything post-Absolution but I'm intrigued by the show they'll put on.

53 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's a slight cop out, if other bands had done that beforw it would be the same. You can't sell out seats not there at the end of the day.

Well it's not as though Muse are going around claiming they got the biggest crowd; it was tweeted by the O2 Arena. Who is it who is copping out here?

Just now, Finding leto14 said:

I think you're in the majority actually

Thank god for that.  I plan on seeing no pyramid headliners, I have said I will go and see Adele with a friend if no one else wants to go with her. I am praying someone does want to and then i get to miss them all. will be bang on Underworld though on the other stage

5 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Thank god for that.  I plan on seeing no pyramid headliners, I have said I will go and see Adele with a friend if no one else wants to go with her. I am praying someone does want to and then i get to miss them all. will be bang on Underworld though on the other stage

Underworld aren't going to be playing the Other Stage.

42 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

That peaked in 2012...

Hah I was going to post that.

I saw the current tour in Brussels, and the stage setup is very impressive to look at and ooh and aah over the drone balloon things. Setlist was absolute gash though, but I expected that.

2 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Hah I was going to post that.

I saw the current tour in Brussels, and the stage setup is very impressive to look at and ooh and aah over the drone balloon things. Setlist was absolute gash though, but I expected that.

Aye I'm going on Friday but not really that excited in all honesty. Glad I'm going as it makes seeing LCD on the Friday at Glasto an easier decision. Kind of hoping the gig isn't that enjoyable to make the decision even easier haha.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Aye I'm going on Friday but not really that excited in all honesty. Glad I'm going as it makes seeing LCD on the Friday at Glasto an easier decision. Kind of hoping the gig isn't that enjoyable to make the decision even easier haha.

I'm going Friday. Anticipating a good set list as it was the first date in Manchester released so it will be more "hardcore" fans instead of the casual fan that went last night and got feeling good.

7 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

what stage do you think? or do  you know? John Peel?

Neil has had repeated info that the Other headliners are LCD Soundsystem, New Order and BMTH, and then there has been a separate rumour that Disclosure are one of them. If somehow 2 of those 4 don't end up happening then Sigur Rós would be the next likely to take one up.

I'd be pretty confident that Underworld will be JP or WH (or even something like Sonic but I'd guess they're too big for that).

Also apologies if my initial reply read as pretty blunt, I was going to expand on it but didn't bother :P

13 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

I'm going Friday. Anticipating a good set list as it was the first date in Manchester released so it will be more "hardcore" fans instead of the casual fan that went last night and got feeling good.

You would think that, but Muse seem to have a bad habit of 'first night syndrome' with terrible setlists. Hopefully you get a good one!

Just now, evilduck said:

You would think that, but Muse seem to have a bad habit of 'first night syndrome' with terrible setlists. Hopefully you get a good one!

I'm hoping by the time they get to me next Friday Matt's saying "you know what guys? I'm sick of singing about bloody Drones. Let's do the older stuff."