Headliners 2016

thewayiam

Just now, russycarps said:

if only!

But supposedly Micheal Eavis said the other year that he thinks McCartney's voice is shot (which is complete nonsense of course), so it seems unlikely that he'd play again.

If the people who actually book the stage told Michael that they wanted to get Macca back and that his voice wasn't shot then I don't expect Michael would stand in their way.  

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If the people who actually book the stage told Michael that they wanted to get Macca back and that his voice wasn't shot then I don't expect Michael would stand in their way.  

I guess so. It would seem like a bit of a pointless booking anyway, as his set wouldnt be much different from before (though the same could be said for the who returning)

4 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I guess so. It would seem like a bit of a pointless booking anyway, as his set wouldnt be much different from before (though the same could be said for the who returning)

The fact that they're willing to rebook a "legacy act" does give some cause for hope for those who want to see him again/missed him last time.  It does seem pointless, but booking headliners isn't easy.  Could happen, but you'd imagine it'd be a plan B.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The fact that they're willing to rebook a "legacy act" does give some cause for hope for those who want to see him again/missed him last time.  It does seem pointless, but booking headliners isn't easy.  Could happen, but you'd imagine it'd be a plan B.

Yeah, I wonder what proportion of the crowd who were there in 2004 will be there in 2016? Not even 25% I bet.

As you say though, the who situation does give people wanting to see him some hope (and some people like you who dont want to see him some anxiety :P

20 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yeah, I wonder what proportion of the crowd who were there in 2004 will be there in 2016? Not even 25% I bet.

As you say though, the who situation does give people wanting to see him some hope (and some people like you who dont want to see him some anxiety :P

It's a big site, I'll be fine.  Now if he hired a decent sized band and had better set lists, I might even give him another go...

Nah.

26 minutes ago, supreme said:

I would love it to be Macca, is there even a slight chance that it could be him seen as though we have only heard 4/5 names who could headline?

Since 90% of what you read in the papers and on here is utter bollocks I would say there's a very good chance indeed.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

I'm not sure you can rely on the NME awards to provide another platform as it did last year with the Foo's because the festival as proved in many years gone by doesn't follow any sort of pattern for lineup announcements.

It's normally good for some kind of information though, normally self-confirms, whether it be headliners or not.

I'm sure Michael let Dolly slip in 2014, not sure whether that was intentional or not!

8 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Radiohead are the only band I could see who are easy to announce as they do not have the tour obligations of the other rumoured bands.

As much as this forum would go in to a meltdown, they're not really a big mass-pleasing headliner so I can't see them being announced early, or at least not first anyway

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

So I read Adele was an absolute flop at the grammies. A dull dirge of a song and out of tune.

Let's hope she's nowhere near the festival if she's going to choke at the big events.

That might put her off completely. Apparently her mic cut out annother fell into the piano.

Unless that's her go-to excuse.

If she does play we could just get James Corden to come on cut her off after 30 seconds.

15 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I reckon Coldplay will confirm when they get the (sticks in the throat) God like Genius award.

That, or as they accept the award, Angus Young will duck walk across the stage with a pyramid on his back.

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee let this happen!