The Who

budvar

The Who were a great band back in there day and I have seen them live before at Glastonbury and other events a couple of times.

However, I imagine this news comes as a massive kick in the teeth to most Glastonbury goers. Personally speaking I was really holding out for Blur and it's a shame it's not them.

The festival have really pushed there luck this year not revealing line up and making people pay up the deposit before line up release. I'll still go and have a good time, but information like this needs to be presented sooner rather than later.

No it doesn't.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For years I'd kind of wanted to go to a festival, but the first time I actually got round to it was when the Who played T in the Park in 2006. Got into them about the time Entwistle died and never thought I'd never see them live, so when they were announced I made sure I wasn't missing it. Absolutely loved it, though I was so excited I about it I probably couldn't give a very objective review of their performance. 9 years later and I don't think there is a year I've not been to a festival since, so it might sound like hyperbole, but seeing them at T in the Park was probably life changing for me.

Saw them again when they came to Glasgow with their Quadrophenia tour (which is one of my favourite albums). Again thought they were great, though for some reason they finished their set with Tea and Theatre, which felt like an anti climax to the rest of the night.

Didn't go see them last time they played Glasgow as it was really expensive & I kind of thought I've seen them twice and they don't have any new material. I started regretting that decision when Daltrey started saying it would be their final major tour, so extremely excited if they are indeed playing.

For people saying why do they want to play if they've already done it, possibly they feel they have unfinished business as by all accounts the weather was horrendous when they did play.

recent setlists playing baba o'reilly and wont get fooled again last...I might just turn up for those last two and see someone else beforehand!

Finished with those two last week just as the sun came out, was glorious

That's exactly my thinking, no interest in The Who except fro Baba O'Reilly

Even non Whovians gotsta recognise that I Can See For Miles is as good a single as any released in the sixties.

And several others - The Kids Are Alright, Substitute - ain't too far behind it.

Tommy is largely terrible, mind.

Even non Whovians gotsta recognise that I Can See For Miles is as good a single as any released in the sixties.

And several others - The Kids Are Alright, Substitute - ain't too far behind it.

The first half of tommy is boring as hell, me and my old man paid £50 a ticket to see daltry on the tommy tour and purposely missed the first half and stayed in the pub, the second half of the album is immense though

The voice of common sense returns.

I reckon there are about a half dozen Who songs that even people like me who find them tedious wouldn't be able to prevent themselves nodding their head to at the very least.

Very good point on I Can See For Miles.

Okay, they have a handful of songs I probably wouldn't be able to resist live, but the idea of sitting through a whole set still fills me a Radio 2, Rolling Stone magazine type sense of dread.

Plenty of cracking songs,

Substitute

I can see for miles

Love reign o'er me

The seeker

Won't get fooled again

But i've no interest in watching a couple of 70 year old men attempt to be angry and driven and 'orrible while playing them. For me, i'd rather watch an old concert from when they had that fire in their bellies.

I reckon he'll guest for just about everyone if he's on the bill. For all the criticism you could level at Noel G he understands that Glastonbury is head and shoulders above other music events and loves to play for the joy of playing, loves to collaborate with friends and heroes.

I reckon he'll guest for just about everyone if he's on the bill. For all the criticism you could level at Noel G he understands that Glastonbury is head and shoulders above other music events and loves to play for the joy of playing, loves to collaborate with friends and heroes.

Definitely, he goes every year anyway when he isn't touring doesn't he?

He loves it.