Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

all of the staff allocation is exceedingly likely to be allocated somewhere.

Why would the fest get a licence for particular numbers if it didn't need all of those numbers? That would be daft.

To be fair, within the latest licence it does give an example from around 2014 of how many were actually used vs what the licence actually allows, the wording suggests the licence is to allow for expected increases over the next 10 years, so it appears that that expectation was way out if they are already close to that ceiling three years later.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, it's about what you say ... but the crew/performers/etc tickets are not just sat there, unallocated. They're allocated to crew/performers/etc, and aren't 'spare'.

Thanks for the insight Neil. I too thought there was a spare pool for exactly that sort of situation. Interesting stuff.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

To be fair, within the latest licence it does give an example from around 2014 of how many were actually used vs what the licence actually allows, the wording suggests the licence is to allow for expected increases over the next 10 years, so it appears that that expectation was way out if they are already close to that ceiling three years later.

That was probably what I'd read to give me the idea that there were spare tickets for performers/crew etc.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

all of the staff allocation is exceedingly likely to be allocated somewhere.

Why would the fest get a licence for particular numbers if it didn't need all of those numbers? That would be daft.

My understanding (which may well be wrong) is that the 2014 license renewal was for 10 years, and included 63,000 staff tickets, but with the caveat that this was to cover future expansion over the ten years. So they're not actually anywhere near that limit yet, but equally they can't just use them all one year as then there'd be no way to staff the new stage they launch in 2020 or whatever without cutting elsewhere. 

It might be daft getting a license for more than they need but that's exactly what happened, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Robinn said:

Which ones? and which page checker did you use?

It was the original page to put your reg number in with postcode. I've had that up for a week and suddenly it says page not found. No pagechecker I just hit refresh

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Well here are the specifics, it says they expect to need 10k for 2014 but the 25k is to allow for extra demand over 10 years... yet it's only 2017.

IMG_3834.PNG

Thanks for that buddy, knew I'd seen it somewhere.

3 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

It was the original page to put your reg number in with postcode. I've had that up for a week and suddenly it says page not found. No pagechecker I just hit refresh

It's done that several times for me, not sure why. I have the page open in my browser then when I go back to it it says not found. I thought it was something to do with iOS. 

17 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

before that increase, the numbers of staff tix was far too few. At the moment that increase was made, they were essentially already all taken.

I am confident that there will be a very small resale, there always has been with SEE. The fact that my alerts are going off every half hour or so with the same change suggests they want to through people off the scent. That or sadism. 

16 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

My understanding (which may well be wrong) is that the 2014 license renewal was for 10 years, and included 63,000 staff tickets, but with the caveat that this was to cover future expansion over the ten years. So they're not actually anywhere near that limit yet, but equally they can't just use them all one year as then there'd be no way to staff the new stage they launch in 2020 or whatever without cutting elsewhere. 

they were well beyond the old limit before the limit was increased. I could go into detail some more around that, but I don't think it's worthwhile or necessary.

Yes, they've had an increase in crew/performers tickets - but because they needed those tickets, not because they wanted to have unallocated spares.

It might be daft getting a license for more than they need but that's exactly what happened, isn't it?

Nope, it's not. The licence increase was because the extra numbers were needed, not because they weren't needed.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

before that increase, the numbers of staff tix was far too few. At the moment that increase was made, they were essentially already all taken.

So reading between the lines any increase the festival asked for the last time it was reviewed, was sold on the basis that they would need it gradually over 10 years, but really they needed it almost immediately? Presumably selling it that way made it more likely to be accepted, or for a larger number to be accepted.

Question from a thickie here...

So is there any point in refreshing http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras ?

Given they will hopefully will hopefully remove the re-direct from  http://glastonbury.seetickets.com when a flash sale happens - would my refresh direct it back to the main screen or just refresh the redirected page (which might not have the Buy button on).

Sorry if this has been asked before

13 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Well here are the specifics, it says they expect to need 10k for 2014 but the 25k is to allow for extra demand over 10 years... yet it's only 2017

you're presuming they got an increase when they didn't need the increase they were wanting.

I'm not entirely sure how the increase is structured (whether all those extras were available from the first year or not), but you can be sure they'll have need for all of the extra tickets (even if it's so that more can be given as 'hospitality').

The point is: whatever the number of staff/performers tickets is, those tickets will have been allocated somewhere, and will not be sat around as spares.