Secret resales 2015

Terence99

An old couple were sat in church when the little old lady leans over to her husband and says "i've very very quietly farted and i'm worried it might smell, what do you think i should do ?". Well he says, the first thing you should do is change the batteries in your hearing aid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Baloo12 said:

Has anyone recently got through the 'processing max registrations' holding page?  I got through to it, panicked and am refreshing like mad but believe it might just happen when you press refresh too much?

it is indeed. Someone about 50 pages back posted about this. constantly press refresh for about 20 seconds and it appears

1 minute ago, Baloo12 said:

Has anyone recently got through the 'processing max registrations' holding page?  I got through to it, panicked and am refreshing like mad but believe it might just happen when you press refresh too much?

Yeah thats been happening over the past two weeks when people have refreshed too much. 

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

I used to take lunch breaks - that was nice.  I'd go for a walk, or get some fresh air.  That was a while ago, I can't really remember.

lol! my washing pile is building up, so are my dishes, my daughter is still in her pyjamas and my boyfriend will come home from work to no cooked dinner again! 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, helsbellski said:

Just got into work. I'm guessing I've not missed anything, knob jokes aside?

Some back and forth about how tickets get allocated, areas have a set amount, they can request more but have to justify it.  Someone once got fired (as an area booker) for knowingly recruiting acts that they knew they didn't have enough 'area allocation' for.  Nobody knows if that's relevant, but interesting all the same.  Also talk of more tickets being available for the organisation of the festival, but Neil reckons they were already going over their allocation, so no extra breathing room really.  Koala needs a pot of tea today.  And no official showing of the rugby this year.

Edit: Also, Neil still seems hopeful, but obviously doesn't know - but if it's not happened by Tuesday then that is probably when we should scale down...

Edited by p.pete
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Some back and forth about how tickets get allocated, areas have a set amount, they can request more but have to justify it.  Someone once got fired (as an area booker) for knowingly recruiting acts that they knew they didn't have enough 'area allocation' for.  Nobody knows if that's relevant, but interesting all the same.  Also talk of more tickets being available for the organisation of the festival, but Neil reckons they were already going over their allocation, so no extra breathing room really.  Koala needs a pot of tea today.  And no official showing of the rugby this year.

Perfect, thanks for the summary! :)

3 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Some back and forth about how tickets get allocated, areas have a set amount, they can request more but have to justify it.  Someone once got fired (as an are booker) for knowingly recruiting acts that they knew they didn't have enough 'area allocation' for.  Nobody knows if that's relevant, but interesting all the same.  Also talk of more tickets being available for the organisation of the festival, but Neil reckons they were already going over their allocation, so no extra breathing room really.  Koala needs a pot of tea today.  And no official showing of the rugby this year.

Apart from that stuff I meant!:)

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Apart from that stuff I meant!:)

Haha - well all my typing doesn't amount to much useful, you were spot on

Plus, I briefly looked productive to anyone who looked my way but didn't spot that I was typing into a forum

Edited by p.pete
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Edit: Also, Neil still seems hopeful, but obviously doesn't know - but if it's not happened by Tuesday then that is probably when we should scale down...

P.Pete's Radical Roundup, every afternoon on the Secret Resale thread.

50 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Yes you used to be able to buy tickets over the phone but they stopped it some years ago. Only online now.

That reminds me of how we got tickets years ago when the registration thing was in early days .

A mate had been successful but myself and a mate had not so we resigned ourselves to not going.

Then it turns out a mate had  been billed for 4 tickets when he only wanted one.  He rang See or whoever to complain about the overcharging  and they replied

" We can refund you the three extra payments but to make things easier for us and to help you do you want us to allocate the tickets to other persons that are registered " 

I was then called by a very giddy mate "drop everything  what's your registration number and post code ?"

A few minutes later their system was updated and I was rung again to be told I would be going to Glasto after all !

3 minutes ago, ivan said:

That reminds me of how we got tickets years ago when the registration thing was in early days .

A mate had been successful but myself and a mate had not so we resigned ourselves to not going.

Then it turns out a mate had  been billed for 4 tickets when he only wanted one.  He rang See or whoever to complain about the overcharging  and they replied

" We can refund you the three extra payments but to make things easier for us and to help you do you want us to allocate the tickets to other persons that are registered " 

I was then called by a very giddy mate "drop everything  what's your registration number and post code ?"

A few minutes later their system was updated and I was rung again to be told I would be going to Glasto after all !

Fantastic. I'm hoping somebody is going to ring me up like that tomorrow.:)

I remember the  old days of holding on to your ticket with dear life walkng through the car parks when there were lots of dodgy vans and geezers hanging around the car parks.

Was it just rumours or did people actually have their tickets stolen from them ?

3 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

I remember the old days of calling in and hearing the bad tone for 30 mins, and then that one time you'd hear silence... and then... RING RING MTHFKA! Such excitement! Now I'm sad again. :(

The first time I bought a ticket was from a record shop in Leeds Merrion Centre. A VERY long time ago.

The second time I went I didn't even buy a ticket, just turned up at the gate, paid and went in.