Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, Sweet_pea said:

Sorry if this has been posted but someone on Glasto Chat said they got a ticket at 12.45 yesterday....

I'm guessing take this with a pinch of salt...?

No chance, we would have heard something here

2 minutes ago, Sweet_pea said:

Sorry if this has been posted but someone on Glasto Chat said they got a ticket at 12.45 yesterday....

Ahhhh Glasto Chat, I definitely don't regret unfollowing that group haha 

5 minutes ago, Sweet_pea said:

Depends. Do you work for a Somerset news website?

Edited by Robinn
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

So reading between the lines any increase the festival asked for the last time it was reviewed, was sold on the basis that they would need it gradually over 10 years, but really they needed it almost immediately? Presumably selling it that way made it more likely to be accepted, or for a larger number to be accepted.

I'm not sure why it might have been worded (and so structured) as it has been.

I do know that plenty of areas were struggling with far fewer tickets than they needed for their areas. I suspect that abuse of those too-tight limits might have been happening as a result (and if it was, that would swallow all the new-extras immediately).

The point I'm trying to get across is that the festival didn't suddenly find itself with more tickets than it knew what to do with because of that increase. Every last ticket can be allocated to somewhere, and i don't doubt they have been.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they were well beyond the old limit before the limit was increased. I could go into detail some more around that, but I don't think it's worthwhile or necessary.

That might make more sense. Otherwise we would surely have felt the extra 25k people between 2013 and 2014.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not sure why it might have been worded (and so structured) as it has been.

I do know that plenty of areas were struggling with far fewer tickets than they needed for their areas. I suspect that abuse of those too-tight limits might have been happening as a result (and if it was, that would swallow all the new-extras immediately).

The point I'm trying to get across is that the festival didn't suddenly find itself with more tickets than it knew what to do with because of that increase. Every last ticket can be allocated to somewhere, and i don't doubt they have been.

I fully get your point and it makes sense. It was just that for us normal punters taking the licence completely at face value, there was a disconnect between stories about GA tickets being swallowed up by staff and the wording in the licence. At least we know what the reality is.

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

That might make more sense. Otherwise we would surely have felt the extra 25k people between 2013 and 2014.

personally I'd say i noticed extras, tho that might be a false impression.

And, don't forget, all of those extra numbers are not necessarily on site at the same time. Plenty go to bands and their guests, who are only at the festival for a day.

Before the increase they were working an allowed fiddle around the staff/performers numbers, by doubling-up some of the tickets because they knew many people weren't on site for the whole festival.

So after the increase that might have stopped doing that, as it gives more-certain numbers management.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Could well be true but puts them in a very dangerous position. But also explains why tickets might have been tighter this year (they need new staff for the couple of new areas which they can only get by cutting staff allocation elsewhere).

Does also mean we shouldn't expect to see any major new things before 2024 now also.

4 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I unfollowed but didn't leave, just so I can be nosey when I fancy it ;)

How have I ever thought of unfollowing and just stick to casual creeping. I think they can be a bunch of bullies at times. Ive seen so many gang up on people for having splitting views.

6 minutes ago, joeltg said:

Without going trough the many pages, has anyone atall confirmed they have secured a ticket?

I know in previous years people have posted images.

No, there was someone on the Glasto Gals FB page said she had, but she has since deleted her comments. 

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Does also mean we shouldn't expect to see any major new things before 2024 now also

there hasn't been anything major new for a decade or so anyway. The increase didn't really bring about anything new.

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Could well be true but puts them in a very dangerous position.

Not really. Each area gets an allocation of tickets, and it knows those are the only tickets its getting, and has to work things to that allocation.

Some might try and request some extras and it might get them - but no sane area organiser will be presuming that it will get extras.

Every fest has to work within fixed limits on numbers. It's what they've always had to do.

not that Glasto Chat isn't bollocks, but GFL/See have been sending "secret" links to people to buy from the site since after the resale. you just have to have the right connections to get sent one. not impossible that that person has managed to get sorted (obviously not through a general secret resale).

Edited by ghostdancer1

Just now, eFestivals said:

there hasn't been anything major new for a decade or so anyway. The increase didn't really bring about anything new.

Nothing major no, but things like Spike, the drive-in cinema and the new music area will need staffing and running. Those tickets will have to come from somewhere.

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Nothing major no, but things like Spike, the drive-in cinema and the new music area will need staffing and running. Those tickets will have to come from somewhere.

This is what i thought may have had an impact on the resale this year. People keep telling me they wouldnt touch the public GA tickets for anything but  resales though. My guess would be they can do what they want with them. Seems to be conflicting conversations about whos in charge of the final GA returned tickets, some say SEE and other say the festival itself.

Edited by lobo

1 minute ago, dazednconfused said:

Page Monitor on Chrome.

Which annoyingly doesn't tell you what changed....

I think VisualPing is the updated Page Monitor, at least thats my understanding. But I rather get false alarms than nothing at all to give me phantom excitement!