Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, Lucys92 said:

I read somewhere that you get given your ticket on the coach so you have to get the coach down. Not sure if it applies on the way back though

tickets are given to you on the coach.  If you miss the coach (or decide to go down by other means) you'll have a hassle at the festival office trying to get your tickets.

On the way back you can do what you want - its not like they can kidnap you at that point!

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

There was only one brutal secret sale that lasted about 90 seconds. No coach. 

My god it was so brutal! i promised myself i wouldn't do it again but here i am :wacko:

I'm guessing with such a short time between the resale and the refund deadline, the tickets available are likely to be very very limited. 

We all need to prepare ourselves for another 90 second sale i think?!?:cry:

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Not strictly true about the coach, if you don't get on the coach the coach driver should hand it in to the ticket office there and you should still be able to pick it up, you would obviously. It enable to do that until the coach has arrived and dropped everyone off etc.

And super busy traffic jams could mean you'd have no way of knowing when your coach could arrive. My see tickets coach was 8 hours late last year!

5 minutes ago, g_upinhere said:

If you buy a coach ticket (from wherever) can you just not show up for the coach and find your own way to the festival? Would your festival ticket still be valid? 

you don't get your ticket until the coach has left the departure point. Nothing to stop you making your own way back home afterwards though - I did!

5 minutes ago, g_upinhere said:

If you buy a coach ticket (from wherever) can you just not show up for the coach and find your own way to the festival? Would your festival ticket still be valid? 

You don't get your ticket until you've set off. Typically they are handed out part way through the journey. Any unclaimed tickets are handed to the festival box office at Gate A, so technically you can no show for your coach, make your own way there and pick the coach ticket up at the box office with a suitable "I missed the bus honest 'guv" excuse. That is entirely dependent on the coach driver handing over the unclaimed tickets and not forgetting and driving off with them....

1 minute ago, lobo said:

And super busy traffic jams could mean you'd have no way of knowing when your coach could arrive. My see tickets coach was 8 hours late last year!

True, but if you don't get on the coach you will still be able to get your ticket at some point, it's not strictly true that you can only get it on the coach. It's an option for people who are desperate to consider, if coach tickets come up, albeit not a perfect one by any stretch.

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

There was only one brutal secret sale that lasted about 90 seconds. No coach. 

However 2015 the sale when it came was almost relaxed and lasted about 10 minutes. Don't know if there were less tickets available last year or just that the sale was less secret than in the past.

Bloody workmate has only forgotten to get me my lunch hasn't he! He's taken a grape to the chops for his lack of effort and understanding. (Any suggestions on the next size up if he forgets again?) 

It does mean I'm going to have to nip into town to grab a bite, If it comes in the next 20 minutes i'll be fuming.

Just now, tjamest said:

However 2015 the sale when it came was almost relaxed and lasted about 10 minutes. Don't know if there were less tickets available last year or just that the sale was less secret than in the past.

the 'cat' was definitely out of the bag last year! 

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

Bloody workmate has only forgotten to get me my lunch hasn't he! He's taken a grape to the chops for his lack of effort and understanding. (Any suggestions on the next size up if he forgets again?) 

It does mean I'm going to have to nip into town to grab a bite, If it comes in the next 20 minutes i'll be fuming.

I think a watermelon would suffice!

Has to be a pineapple - he will never forget again!

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

True, but if you don't get on the coach you will still be able to get your ticket at some point, it's not strictly true that you can only get it on the coach. It's an option for people who are desperate to consider, if coach tickets come up, albeit not a perfect one by any stretch.

Yeah absolutely. I'd just be prepared for a possibly stressful wednesday waiting around

11 minutes ago, siblin said:

last year I'm not sure there were any coach tickets

Sorry just catching up, this thread really does move so bloody fast. Yeah I meant to put that up that there was no coach sale last year. First time that's happened as far as I know though so who knows...I was going to 

9 minutes ago, g_upinhere said:

I was going to say you get your ticket on the coach but I think the last 20 replies have it covered!:)

Suggestions:
In case it doesn't come up: an orange (he's been lucky).
In case it does: watermelons and pineapples. No mercy.

How do the coach tickets work? Do you just buy then choose where you're travelling from afterwards or do you have to choose from a menu of whats left? I'm guessing the latter if they are just the refunded tickets

pineapple, a conker in its shell or that spiky vomit smelling fruit (its name escapes me)

2 minutes ago, svphie said:

How do the coach tickets work? Do you just buy then choose where you're travelling from afterwards or do you have to choose from a menu of whats left? I'm guessing the latter if they are just the refunded tickets

You choose from a list of departure points and hope the one you want is available. Bristol and London have times to choose from too. You do this before entering card details so it is a bit more stressful.

Edited by lobo

27 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Fuck me my heart skipped several beats then.

Note to self - read year!

It's the 'very imited' bit I don't like.

I know they will be and all but it would be better if they replaced that with 'enough for all devouted efesters so take your time'.

Edited by General Lee

4 minutes ago, tjamest said:

It's definitely less of a secret now. When I got some in the secret sale in 2014, I had an alert set up from twitter. There was a bit of discussion about it on here but no whatsapp groups, no dedicated site pingers etc.