Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

All the above. I was near the front for RTJ (on my own - no-one else likes hip-hop in my group). Great atmosphere, crowd really into it - I learned to throw the hand sign yayy! - plus they looked like they were having genuine fun, The Gaslamp Killer was an unexpected bonus, looked like he'd just escaped from a secure unit LOL.....and the sun came out. Followed by blinding sets from Caribou and Hot Chip. One of the best Friday evenings at Glasto ever (for me, anyway...and I've had a few).

Edited by phillyfaddle

Sadly I thought RTJ were on an hour later than they were, so I was about two thirds of the way back instead of down the front where I wanted to be. That said, it gave me a fantastic view of the crowd losing their shit when 'Oh My Darling Don't Cry' reached the part where the beat changes. I knew that would blow the roof off the place but it was brilliant to watch.

I'm secretly hoping RTJ3 gets released early enough in 2016 to warrant a return next year.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Really? I thought the crowd atmosphere was great. Everyone around me was super excited and it was infectious. Needed to be too because the sound from the mics was baaad.

To be honest if there are only a few rap acts on the main stages (let's face it, there will be) then I'd rather someone who hasn't played recently and then also a proper tour from RTJ.

• 1 month later...

RJT have announced the North American dates of their world tour, with "plenty of dates for the rest of the planet lining up fast". The North American tour ends at the end of Feb, so I'd guess Europe and rest of world would follow in the spring, then festivals in the summer.

There was a new single a week or two ago as well, in case anyone missed it. (Can't link from work, but I'm some kind soul will.)

33 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Just going to drop a link to the DJ Shadow colab as well, simply because it kicks some ass and the video is stonking.  Lyrically some top drawer stuff.

Cheers. That Shadow track is so much better than the rest of that album it's ridiculous.

Looking at the tour dates, they are with The Gasslamp Killer as support, as they were when Glasto booked them before. I doubt the festival would want the same double bill again, so I guess we'll wait and see if their festival tour dates are the same as well. Either way, I'm all over the tour.

On 28/09/2016 at 2:00 PM, Mouseboy11 said:

I thought they were alright last time but the crowd wasn't up to much, enjoyed them much more at Reading that year if I'm honest. I'd definitely catch them next year if they're there though (and I get tickets)

Crowd was ace around me too.

Overall, Glastonbury crowds can be a bit pedestrian and I do find the Reading crowds more enthusiastic (probably because they're all pissed up kids but whatever) but on this occasion the crowd was excellent, I thought.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

for our friends. for our family. for everyone who is hurting or scared right now. here is a song we wrote months ago. we werent planning on releasing it yet but… well it feels right, now. it's about fear and it's about love and it's about wanting more for all of us. it's called "2100". we hope it finds you well. 

On 11/2/2016 at 3:54 AM, Spindles said:

100% agree on both points.  Had a great time at the 2015 performance and the crowd around me were great (front right of centre), Reading crowds are usually more raucous.

I was also front right. Just after the rain stopped and the sun came out. They played an awesome set! Really hope that they come back again this year. I thought the crowd was good. I kept seeing this one girl, saw her on 2 days, and she was hysterically crying both times... I remember thinking that she should probably stop taking whatever she was taking :/

• 1 month later...