Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

this is the plan

also planning to see akua naru before rtj, friday is gonna be my runnning day.

I'm torn between her and The Gaslamp Killer Experience. Suspect I'll make my mind up on the day.

Think I'll also do the same as Winslow, I want to remove any chance of me missing the start of Sharon though so I'll leave with plenty of time.

Edited by CHRLY

I try not to get too hung up on hugely hyped acts, but I can't wait for these guys. The only thing that worries me is their setlist frequently excludes Sea Legs. I NEED to see this song played live.

I would be very surprised if they didnt play sea legs. Ive seen them twice, both playing 20 minute shorter sets that the one at Glastonbury and they played Sea Legs both times. It also has been in most of their recent sets.

I try not to get too hung up on hugely hyped acts, but I can't wait for these guys. The only thing that worries me is their setlist frequently excludes Sea Legs. I NEED to see this song played live.

they'll 100% play Sea Legs. they manage to squeeze most of both albums in - in fact i could tell you the songs they won't play: Job Well Done, No Come Down and Twin Hype Back from Run The Jewels and All My Life, Crown and Angel Duster (unfortunately) from RTJ2. the rest they'll almost definitely play

they'll 100% play Sea Legs. they manage to squeeze most of both albums in - in fact i could tell you the songs they won't play: Job Well Done, No Come Down and Twin Hype Back from Run The Jewels and All My Life, Crown and Angel Duster (unfortunately) from RTJ2. the rest they'll almost definitely play

they played Angel Duster last Sunday in Dublin, and on Friday in Portugal.

I hope you're both right. Just a little worried as I've been following their setlist, and it seems to be absent from several recent festival appearances. Hopefully the longer time slot will allow it!

Just to keep the conversation flowing, what particular songs are other people looking forward to?

Edited by SirDaniel

they played Angel Duster last Sunday in Dublin, and on Friday in Portugal.

Didn't play it at primavera when I saw them but if absolutely love it. If I had one complaint about their set its that A Christmas Fucking Miracle (imo) isn't the best closer - think Angel Duster would be much better

Controversially, I didn't think they were great in London last night.

BUT it was down to a combination of the Forum's utter ball of a sound system (I've never seen a show there that sounded good, and I've seen a lot) not being in the main crowd (which was bouncing) and being stuck behind really tall people who insisted on eating each other's faces the whole gig so all I could see was that.

They only sorted the sound out for the last 2/3 songs which was a real shame. Could have been much better.

I'm going to reserve judgement until Glastonbury as I'm convinced it'll be a massive party.

BUT it was down to a combination of the Forum's utter ball of a sound system (I've never seen a show there that sounded good, and I've seen a lot) not being in the main crowd (which was bouncing) and being stuck behind really tall people who insisted on eating each other's faces the whole gig so all I could see was that.

Sounds like pretty much everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong.

Completely new to these guys, pretty much got the recommendation off looking at this thread. Glad I did, they are quality, the rapping is tight but its the production / back tracks that are brilliant,. Bet they will be great live!

My Friday evening is gonna be exhausting - Motorhead (full set) - The Vaccines (half set) - Run the Jewels (full set) - The Courteeners (Half set) - Sigma (full set) - Foo Fighters (1 hour 30 mins) - Enter Shikari (full set)

Yes, I have a very varied music taste :music: (gonna be knackered by the time I get to the South East Corner!)

Edited by MikeEssex85

I'm just confused as to where to go after. Rush to the Park for Sharon Van Etten, remain at West Holts for Caribou or make myself look incredibly cool by watching The Proclaimers?

Caribou! And then Hot Chip! I was stoked when I saw that run on the line up. Gonna be amazing.

Caribou! And then Hot Chip! I was stoked when I saw that run on the line up. Gonna be amazing.

As I'm seeing Hot Chip and RTJ this seemed good to mee but I dont't quite understand the Caribou hype, can someone explain? Theyre okay, but not amazing to me, are they amazing live or something?