Coachella

mccdyl001

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

The thing is Coachella does require a certain level of US hip hop knowledge I find. So that’s why a lot of brits look at it sometimes and get confused.

As an American attending Glasto, I can verify that the situation is the same in reverse.  Lots of "who"?  It's all good, though, because exploration is half the fun.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, whitehorses said:

How much would anyone pay for a lifetime Glasto ticket?

I’m 34, probably stop going around the age of 60, fallow year 1 in 5, means approx 20 festivals left. Current price is £300ish, add £15 a year… 

300 + 

315 = 615 + 

330 = 945 etc 

= 20 festival total of £9,150 

Round up to £10k for the privilege of not having to do ticket sales. 
Seems a fair price to me. 

*waits for maths nerds to say my fag packet sums are wrong* 

14 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I’m 34, probably stop going around the age of 60, fallow year 1 in 5, means approx 20 festivals left. Current price is £300ish, add £15 a year… 

300 + 

315 = 615 + 

330 = 945 etc 

I can’t be arsed to check the maths (or looks good!) but 5-10k was the figure in my head. Sign me up 

11 hours ago, blutarsky said:

300 + 

315 = 615 + 

330 = 945 etc 

11 hours ago, whitehorses said:

I can’t be arsed to check the maths (or looks good!) but 5-10k was the figure in my head. Sign me up 

a Glastonbury debenture...?? i think you may be vastly underestimating the value there...

1 minute ago, BlueDaze said:

a Glastonbury debenture...?? i think you may be vastly underestimating the value there...

Enormously, but the question was what would you pay, not what would it be worth or what would the likely price be. I'd not be able to afford any more than that. 

8 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Enormously, but the question was what would you pay, not what would it be worth or what would the likely price be. I'd not be able to afford any more than that. 

Yeah exactly. Can imagine others willing to pay 10x that. I met a guy a few years ago who flew his helicopter in with his missus. 14k a ticket. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Cross your fingers there isnt a schedule issue like Coachella. 36 hours before and no set times yet. But at least theres a map! 

F3F76769-643A-4BA3-9D66-264C1DE95604.jpeg

Enjoy @Suprefan

We mainly have a fairly one eyed, skewed view of Coachella. All influencers and bro's there to pose, be seen and get a few likes but surely, SURELY! it must be mainly full of music fans out for a good time. 

A full on review when you're back would be appreciated.

Wow, CRJ > Arcade Fire > Idles sounds like a great time. Add Phoebe > Gizzard on top of that, and the Chats before and it sounds awesome. I'd pay good money for that, but maybe not Coachella prices. How big of a stage are Arcade Fire playing on? Enjoy @Suprefan, a review afterwards would be appreciated.

Edited by Miyn

You can really tell they had lineup issues - SHM with The Weeknd as well what on earth! The lineup overall isn't half bad though honestly for a US festival, i could happily fill my days!

image.png.a3c9c49ca5af7b2ef4f8210e3cf69a29.png

7 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Wow, CRJ > Arcade Fire > Idles sounds like a great time. Add Phoebe > Gizzard on top of that, and the Chats before and it sounds awesome. I'd pay good money for that, but maybe not Coachella prices. How big of a stage are Arcade Fire playing on? Enjoy @Suprefan, a review afterwards would be app.

Theyre in a tent. Bigger than John Peel, but not gigantic. So think along those lines.

btw, rest of the schedule

211728C3-5CD4-466A-87EA-72C39D295EE9.jpeg

4B4D8FFF-167A-4E8D-88E2-00DEAA85C35F.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, gfa said:

You can really tell they had lineup issues - SHM with The Weeknd as well what on earth! The lineup overall isn't half bad though honestly for a US festival, i could happily fill my days!

image.png.a3c9c49ca5af7b2ef4f8210e3cf69a29.png

That was last week when Kanye dropped off the festival barely 10 days out. It wasnt a surprise per say. Its also the gamble you make when booking Kanye right now.  Trust me, if there were issues at glasto when it came to artists cancelling and all that you wouldnt hear the end of how much turmoil theyve been in via the press. So i really would not be that critical cause it could happen to the festival youre attending and  you would not like the feeling one single bit.  Lets say Macca or Diana Ross dropped off  the week of the fest? Some people are gonna have a laugh arent they.

28 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

That was last week when Kanye dropped off the festival barely 10 days out. It wasnt a surprise per say. Its also the gamble you make when booking Kanye right now.  Trust me, if there were issues at glasto when it came to artists cancelling and all that you wouldnt hear the end of how much turmoil theyve been in via the press. So i really would not be that critical cause it could happen to the festival youre attending and  you would not like the feeling one single bit.  Lets say Macca or Diana Ross dropped off  the week of the fest? Some people are gonna have a laugh arent they.

I was hardly being critical just stating they had issues (which we've known for months anyway). They should have just kept SHM and the Weeknd separate, i'm sure it will be cool but if they were separate then it would make way more sense. Whats also weird is they haven't bumped everyone else up later into the day to fill the gaps a bit unless theres some big surprises to come

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

I was hardly being critical just stating they had issues (which we've known for months anyway). They should have just kept SHM and the Weeknd separate, i'm sure it will be cool but if they were separate then it would make way more sense. Whats also weird is they haven't bumped everyone else up later into the day to fill the gaps a bit unless theres some big surprises to come

Odesza were teasing on Twitter earlier, not sure if they are just attending though - but imo seemed like a hint of a possible set which would be massive, and make me VERY jealous😂

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Good to see Annie Lennox getting a run out.

You mean ARI Lennox - or did I miss something? 

7 hours ago, stanh said:

Made a Clashfinder for anybody interested, really wish I was going this year, could completely fill all 3 days - stellar lineup for me! https://clashfinder.com/s/coachlla22/

Arcade Fire below Idles in the day.  Not that I disagree - Actually surprised they got it right.