Coachella

mccdyl001

3 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Was thinking exactly the same thing. It really was shoddy at times

With Glastonbury it makes me want to be there, in the crowd, I feel like the crowd shots are few and far between and the ones they do show are just 'eh'.  Its way more 'on stage/look at this production' type cameras. 

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Agreed. I wonder if Harry will have a certain pointy house later this summer too.

I reckon he could be in with a shout of opening the Pyramid on the Friday. Not based on anything just pure speculation on my part. Would make sense tour wise as he travels from Ireland to Hamburg 

Edited by tigger123

12 minutes ago, zico martin said:

I'm genuinely shocked that he wasn't on the first poster. He really would be a perfect booking, sub to Billie?

I think if he’s headlining coachella then unless he’s playing a secret set (like radiohead, the killers etc) then he’s not gonna be playing so makes sense he wasn’t on the poster given we have all our headliners sorted

11 hours ago, chazwwe said:

From what people have said on here, you're only allowed to drink in certain areas. So my guess is for the first 2-3 acts most people just spend time at the bars/wondering around. 

The main reason is once your in the arena for the day, you can't go back to camp and re-enter. Combined with the heat and thats why it makes sense people stick in the campsite till as late as possible (or tents/bar areas)

7 hours ago, gfa said:

The main reason is once your in the arena for the day, you can't go back to camp and re-enter. Combined with the heat and thats why it makes sense people stick in the campsite till as late as possible (or tents/bar areas)

Ok, that makes sense as to why an artist with a track that has had over 300m streams on Spotify has currently got an absolutely minuscule crowd.

What’s the logic behind it though, it won’t make sense from a monetary point of view as people will just delay entering for as long as possible so they’ll lose money at the bars not gain, it also looks shit with loads of acts performing to tiny crowds for a lot of the day. So it must be a licensing thing as far as alcohol is concerned?

Yanks are weird.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

9 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Ok, that makes sense as to why an artist with a track that has had over 300m streams on Spotify has currently got an absolutely minuscule crowd.

What’s the logic behind it though, it won’t make sense from a monetary point of view as people will just delay entering for as long as possible so they’ll lose money at the bars not gain, it also looks shit with loads of acts performing to tiny crowds for a lot of the day. So it must be a licensing thing as far as alcohol is concerned?

Yanks are weird.

most of us make fun of coachella for that too

the other major festivals don't have beer jail

7 hours ago, gfa said:

That's terrible you can't go back to your tent? How do they enforce that?