Coachella

mccdyl001

6 hours ago, gfa said:

1000$ a minute is not a whole lot for Coachella I feel. 1 hour is $60k when the event probably makes millions. Its definitely more to do with not pissing off the city of Indio than the fine really.

I think with it being so rare now that they go over they likely were in contact with whoever was in charge to let them know it was happening. Because they adjusted the schedule the following week to have it finish on time. So you can see the fest doesnt want it to be a thing. Prince they couldnt control thats for sure when he went the latest out if anyone. Macca they likely just let do what he wanted and The Cure they just unplugged which was crazy to watch. The singer of Art Brut back in 06 said he was glad to pay the fine when they went over curfew.

Edited by Suprefan

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Something strange going on for sure. No genuine leaks anywhere and the big media outlets don’t appear to have any scoops. At the same time GV and various people associated with Coachella are teasing a drop… but in truth we don’t know what we are getting.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Something strange going on for sure. No genuine leaks anywhere and the big media outlets don’t appear to have any scoops. At the same time GV and various people associated with Coachella are teasing a drop… but in truth we don’t know what we are getting.

Mental really, usually at least one of the big outlets will have leaked the headliners at the very least by now, wonder if Frank or someone else has pulled out last minute? 

7 minutes ago, stanh said:

Mental really, usually at least one of the big outlets will have leaked the headliners at the very least by now, wonder if Frank or someone else has pulled out last minute? 

If it’s not out by tomorrow then yes I think someone has cancelled. It’s gone very quiet. The tickets are supposedly meant to be on sale on Friday so time is really ticking to give people enough notice.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If it’s not out by tomorrow then yes I think someone has cancelled. It’s gone very quiet. The tickets are supposedly meant to be on sale on Friday so time is really ticking to give people enough notice.

I'm still holding out some optimism for it to be out tonight, not even 5pm their time yet... So one can hope! If we haven't heard though by tomorrow, will be interesting to see who's actually on the lineup and if there is an obvious replacement booking.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

That means they chose not to leak anything and nobody is getting any answers. Ya'll though glasto booking things is tough? Imagine dealing with agents that demand their artist be a certain font size and a certain line on their respective day. Why do you think the eavii went alpha order? Thats all thrown out the window til the stages start announcing themselves. Lots of hassle saved.

• Upvote 1

Imported this on the "what are you watching" thread before seeing this one.

Sorry if it has already been mentioned earlier!

YouTube has a lovely " Coachella: 20 years in the desert" documentary which is worth watching.

There's a tiny bit of shade thrown at Glastonbury, but some interesting stories. The first Coachella was 99, the same year as the Trainwreck at Woodstock. 

X

Every single comment on twitter seems to be about people wanting blackpink but I think that’s just K-pop fans doing what they do and flooding a topic, I’d never heard of them until very recently

Anyway does feel like someone has dropped out so it will be funny when Skrillex is topping the bill

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Every single comment on twitter seems to be about people wanting blackpink but I think that’s just K-pop fans doing what they do and flooding a topic, I’d never heard of them until very recently

Anyway does feel like someone has dropped out so it will be funny when Skrillex is topping the bill

They're huge, in the US and UK but you're not wrong that Kpop stans go nuts with their twitter trends. They'll post things/retwee things for the sake of the trend, without even knowing what it is. Not Kpop, but the same thing happened when Taylor was announced for 2020. Loads of Americas tweeting how happy they are for her and how do they get tickets.