Coachella

mccdyl001

37 minutes ago, gfa said:

Sziget did announce Billy Eilish for 2023 to be fair! (i guess they have the language barrier excuse a bit tho)

I'm pretty sure a poster with "Billy Eilish" appeared at the time when the first Sziget announcement was made but was not shared by the festival on any official website / social media.

5 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

I'm pretty sure a poster with "Billy Eilish" appeared at the time when the first Sziget announcement was made but was not shared by the festival on any official website / social media.

Are you sure they didn't just book Cork's number one cross dressing tribute act... Billy Irish?

18 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

I'm 99% sure that it was on their website, for a good few days too

52 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

That poster looks remarkably similar to this one that was posted by someone as a prediction recently, so I'm guessing it's not real.

Who knows if someone big has pulled out late on but The Who debacle aside, Glastonbury never seem to have these issues do they? I'm not trying to compare the two festivals but come March/April we generally have a good idea who the headliners and there's rarely any drama. Maybe the Stones in 2013 and when they seemingly tried for Prince in 2014 and 2015 but other than the odd incident where a headliner has to pull out very late on for medical reasons (Foo Fighters, U2), it's normally just us overthinking things and coming up with suggestions like Adele in the sunset slot because she's scared of big crowds.

Adele in the sunset slot would have a bigger crowd than at night surely due to fewer big clashes!

1 hour ago, GeezLouise said:

Think it looks like a solid lineup

I could just cope with Friday but it's dreadful. Anyone complaining about paying late £300s for Glastonbury should look at this. 

Difference is though it's different markets. It's naturally aimed at a different crowd and age. 

31 minutes ago, gfa said:

I'm 99% sure that it was on their website, for a good few days too

Adele in the sunset slot would have a bigger crowd than at night surely due to fewer big clashes!

Nobody ever explained the logic of why a woman scared of big crowds would play during daylight hours when she could clearly see the ginormo crowd stretched out in front of her...

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Nobody ever explained the logic of why a woman scared of big crowds would play during daylight hours when she could clearly see the ginormo crowd stretched out in front of her...

Was also thinking that but felt the clash argument was better

Does this mean Bieber is the one to have dropped out?

No idea if that account is at all credible but 1.2m followers suggests they can't be ignored.

Also (and mainly) no idea why I'm interested as I have no idea what any of the three headliners sound like.

26 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

No idea if that account is at all credible but 1.2m followers suggests they can't be ignored.

Also (and mainly) no idea why I'm interested as I have no idea what any of the three headliners sound like.

For clarity Pop Crave just does random News about everything. Theyre doing copy pasta from Hits Daily Double, which again is a legit music industry publication. They report on all the stuff you could care less about such as what label and agent ceo's plan to do around the industry. This is what theyre reporting. youre still going to say "its a rumor" cause of the page its from, but thats literally where they just post regular news. If you just go clicl and see the kind of things they write about its just normal stuffp

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=334225&title=COACHELLA-2023%3A-HEADLINE-NEWS%3F

Coachella is the worst festival I've ever attended. All of the bad things people have said about it in this thread are true. Very few things could get me there again. 

one of the worst things that hasn't been mentioned: if you're camping, someone comes by your tent every day around 8:00am to make sure you're not roasting to death inside of it.  It's about 43 degrees every day, so as the temperature rises, it's really dangerous to be inside of it for long.  Once you're awake, you have nothing to do for 4 hours because they don't open the festival gates until noon.  So you queue in the hot sun.  (Yes, camping is completely separate grounds from the festival).  Once the gates open, they do a daily bag check.  You can't bring hardly anything inside. Only 1 water if it's sealed. My over-the-counter sinus medication was denied - I was told I could buy more inside the festival.  Once you're in - you're in. No going back and forth to your tent during the day.  If you do, you forfeit the day. 

I could go on and on. It's terrible, and the company who runs it is an unethical organization. 

• Upvote 2

Apparently Hits Daily Double have leaked headliners in the past which have then turned out to be wrong - happened in ‘19 according to people on Reddit, although iirc that year had a lot of last minute drop outs and fill ins so could just be that - so whilst I’m not doubting that trio as it does seem like a very Coachella ‘23 set of headliners, I wouldn’t take it as a certainty just yet.

Not the most incredible trio, if I was going I'd be buzzing about Bad Bunny, he's on my bucket list to see. Not fussed at all about Blackpink, and Frank Ocean I found kinda 'meh' when I saw him at Parklife - hopefully they have a decent undercard, but seems a lot of money has been spent on those headliners. 

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I know we're a long way from having Beck, Tool and RATM, who headlined the first Coachella in 1999, but... this one's strayed quite a way away.

A profitable way, sure.

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Either way, 3 of Bad Bunny, Blackpink, Rihanna and Frank Ocean is pretty terrible. 

I don't think it's terrible, it's more of an indication of what's popular in the US right now. It's not for me, but of course it's not, I'm a 45 year old in the UK. Coachella hasn't been about me for 20 years.

That's four huge artists in their own right. If they were all in on Rihanna, and she bailed, that's on them. She's a billionaire who hasn't played live for seven years. They don't have the best recent track record for managing their headline acts, do they?