Sunday Headliner?

Matt42

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a well know person and last night let slight it is going to be the stone roses, if I am wrong I will still give some money to water aid if I have money in my bank!

Provided you are right, for anyone that just isn't bothered, I can't think of many better acts than The Chemical Brother opposite to interest people instead. I do however, have doubts over it. I'd have personally thought that when the last header comes, the 1st big lineup is likely too, and that won't be coming as early as Friday. I do believe though provided they are offered it, with a new album to release, Glasto will be their 1st port of call.

I heard from a well know person and last night let slight it is going to be the stone roses, if I am wrong I will still give some money to water aid if I have money in my bank!

Who's the well known person? You let slip that it's The Stone Roses, so you are as well saying who it was that told you, let people try and work out if it's a real possibility

With Blur playing 5 / 6 years ago it still seems too soon, especially them down to play the Sunday again. I know others have done it 5 years on but it still seems too soon!

it's the fact they'll only have one new album of new material that's the clincher for me (and, undoubtedly, an album of new material that only diehard fans will actually want to see performed live). it's probably been done before (examples welcomed) but it just doesn't seem like enough to justify topping the bill again. i think they'll be at IOW and not Glastonbury

As long as it's not Blur. Don't get me wrong, I love Blur and have seen them countless times; but the last being 2009 when I was front, centre, on the barrier at the Pyramid when they closed.

To be fair, though, it has to be a very special act to get me to the Pyramid for a headliner. It's not my favourite stage.

Andy putting enough money on it to rinse them of £250 if it happens, presumably ;)

It lasted a lot longer than Big Sean the other night.

It doesn't take a lot of money to shake the odds up on a novelty betting market, but it does take slightly more than £20

Good money for Coldplay too, which is just odd really

what the fuck's happened to have the odds slashed like that!?

The same that happened when people whacked on at 8/1 to get down to 2/1. But I'm going to hazard a guess that the guy off hear is the only forum user that put £25 on and odds aren't dropping by 17/1 just off of that!

If they were then Glastonbury wouldn't be on their radar.

Yes it would lol. They have done their big come back with essentially one album plus a couple extras. All the fest paydays and Heaton Parks, Glasto is perfect for them to announce a new album and headline slot. Anyone who wants to hear it won't without a ticket, it keeps their prolonged momentum going.

The same that happened when people whacked on at 8/1 to get down to 2/1. But I'm going to hazard a guess that the guy off hear is the only forum user that put £25 on and odds aren't dropping by 17/1 just off of that!

Yes it would lol. They have done their big come back with essentially one album plus a couple extras. All the fest paydays and Heaton Parks, Glasto is perfect for them to announce a new album and headline slot. Anyone who wants to hear it won't without a ticket, it keeps their prolonged momentum going.

I agree it would be perfect to announce a new album, I just disagree with 'running out of money' being the reason to play Glastonbury. It would make perfect sense for them publicity wise etc.