Kanye west confirmed

mike99

There certainly has been a race element to it amongst social media, not that I'm suggesting anyone on here is racist. I picked up on someone yesterday who'd tweeted along the lines of "If I wanted to see monkeys perform I'd go to the circus not Glastonbury". No place in society for disgusting children like that.

Well, the guy who started the petition called Kanye's BRITS performance 'just threatening'.

I watched it today for the first time.

Loads of angry blokes with flames about, it was hardly a peace and love song was it?

To be honest, I thought it was a "threatening" performance. I think that was exactly the point. To shock and threaten the establishment.

I didn't like the tune, but can see why some people loved the performance (and some hated it).

I just found it boring. Being shouted at is fine, I can work out what he is banging on about!

There certainly has been a race element to it amongst social media, not that I'm suggesting anyone on here is racist. I picked up on someone yesterday who'd tweeted along the lines of "If I wanted to see monkeys perform I'd go to the circus not Glastonbury". No place in society for disgusting children like that.

That's fucking disgusting and probably typed by somebody who has never and will never go to Glastonbury. Plenty of idiots are jumping on this for the sake of jumping on it. It doesnt effect them at all cos they're not going or havent been before. Anybody who has been or is going, will know theres a fuckload more stages to go to other than the Pyramid, so him being there aint gonna ruin your festival.

He is still a c**t though and shouldnt be there imo

He has released a series of really groundbreaking records. He's a tit, admittedly, but a visionary tit at least. The underhand racism is unsurprising since I remember all too well how people responded to Jay-Z headlining. How did that turn out? Well 100,000 people witnessed one of the best sets at the festival in a long time.

Exactly..........your racist if you don't like Kanye....give me a break ffs! Lol

Don't remember saying that? I said that's an element for some people, do you speak for everyone who doesn't want him to headline? How on earth could you know the reasons they don't want him to headline? Thought you had a problem with people putting words into peoples mouth....

Yeah racism is a real issue, thought yeezy did brilliantly to highlight that when he had grime artists who could never get recognition from the powers that be at the brit awards. The guy's not perfect, I like his music you don't, it's all good. Don't really know why you care as much as you clearly do?

I don't think people's race has anything to do with who they respect as an artist.....black, white, Asian, Martian you either sound good or your shit...its music and if you've ever sense race doesn't and shouldn't come into it......the racism thing kanye harps on about is one more reason to detest the guy...real racism is a serious issue still even in the modern world sadly....to falsely claim people as racist because you didn't win an award etc is just taking the piss out of everyone who's really had to suffer such disgusting abuse.

You are Philomena Cunk and I claim my £5

Edit: that's unfair to Philomena, I <3 her really.

Edited by Winslow Leach
  • Upvote 1

He has released a series of really groundbreaking records. He's a tit, admittedly, but a visionary tit at least. The underhand racism is unsurprising since I remember all too well how people responded to Jay-Z headlining. How did that turn out? Well 100,000 people witnessed one of the best sets at the festival in a long time.

100,000? Not a chance.

One of the best sets? No chance.

Ok. I wasn't there. I watched it on the telly. Thought it was shit. Some bloke shouting over the Knight Rider theme tune. Dreadful.

This is more "the Glastonbury attitude" don't ya think? More of this.

My brother was the same with me last with Metallica. Not a fan but was really pleased I was getting to see one of my faves headline the pyramid, he came to my camp on the Sunday morning to see how it had gone. I'll return the favour this year to see what he thought of Kanye

Edited by swede
  • Downvote 1

Or could it be that grime is just generally not that popular in the UK and doesnt deserve recognition at the Brits?

Could be, popular amongst my circle but that's not representative of everyone. Difficult to gauge these days when buying singles isn't really representative of how 'big' an artist is.

By the by as one of the only solely british musical genres to come out in decades I think it'd be nice to see the brits give them a leg up and show them to a wider audience.

100,000? Not a chance.

One of the best sets? No chance.

Ok. I wasn't there. I watched it on the telly. Thought it was shit. Some bloke shouting over the Knight Rider theme tune. Dreadful.

it's one of my favourite pyramid headline sets. granted i don't usually bother with the rockier end of the spectrum, so haven't seen too many over the years, but i had a Fucking Great Time in the field that evening.

Could be, popular amongst my circle but that's not representative of everyone. Difficult to gauge these days when buying singles isn't really representative of how 'big' an artist is.

By the by as one of the only solely british musical genres to come out in decades I think it'd be nice to see the brits give them a leg up and show them to a wider audience.

it's a different argument, but that isn't what the Brits are for. the Brits are just like works awards for members of the BPI. sell lots and they recognise it, don't and they won't. it's not their business to champion unheard of stuff at those awards.

it's a different argument, but that isn't what the Brits are for. the Brits are just like works awards for members of the BPI. sell lots and they recognise it, don't and they won't. it's not their business to champion unheard of stuff at those awards.

Isn't there an award especially for that?

I'm really disappointed. As a lover of all genres of music, I've seen as many headliners as I have acid house DJ's on the saturday night. I know there's more to Glasto than the headliners but Kanye is going to attract a crowd of absolute twonks.

Plus the thought of the entire Kardashian clan prancing around Worthy Farm is quite frankly sickening.

Yeah fair enough wasn't saying they should have. Skepta 'that's not me' had a higher chart position than anything royal blood has ever released as a single. But then they're not really a singles genre whereas grime really is!

I'm really disappointed. As a lover of all genres of music, I've seen as many headliners as I have acid house DJ's on the saturday night. I know there's more to Glasto than the headliners but Kanye is going to attract a crowd of absolute twonks.

Plus the thought of the entire Kardashian clan prancing around Worthy Farm is quite frankly sickening.

1) It's sold out already

2) Please explain more. What crowd are you expecting him to draw?

You do know how easy it is to avoid that sort of thing? Other than her being kanyes missus, I know nothing about her. That's not by sticking my head in the sand.

It's really not difficult.

1) It's sold out already

Returns/Resales... etc

2) Please explain more. What crowd are you expecting him to draw?

There will be people (with tickets) who now won't want to go because he is the headliner. There will be other people (without tickets) who were hoping to get them in the resales who now won't bother because of this announcement. There will be other people (without tickets) who previously wouldn't have bothered with Glasto because it's a "rock fest" who now will want to go because "OMFG I luv Kanye!!!"

And that's just the people I know!

Edited by Miss_Boo