Super Furry Animals!

michael eavis' beard

Same here, turned up on my own with a bottle of rum whilst already drunk and used it to make friends with a load of middle aged guys around me. Remember none of the night other than a couple of SFA songs and then being sat at a table outside a tipi with a random bunch of people and walking home. None of my friends saw me all night and I woke up with all my clothes covered in mud. So weird. Althought I actually felt pretty good the next day.

Were you stood at the right of the stage and were they Geordies?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoyed it.  I think the park is my favourite stage in terms of atmosphere and getting a good view. It was great to see a headliner there and SFA were tremendous.

I always end up stood on the right hand side and can't see anything cause of that bloody camera!

Easily the best gig of the weekend, and the best gig from SFA that I have ever seen.  I think this set has cemented The Super Furries as one of the best british bands of the last 20 years.  Absolutely incredible stuff.

I'd like to thank Dave Grohl for breaking his leg, otherwise I would never have seen this wonderful performance!

So glad they played Pan Ddaw'r Wawr which is my favourite song from Mwng!

It may well have been us! Rum out of a coke bottle?? It all sounds terribly familiar.

Set of the weekend by the way. Mountain People was immense!!!

Was a plastic volvic bottle I think. Morgan's spiced. Think one of the guys was wearing a brown adidas jacket and I was wearing a backwards Yorkshire cricket cap, denim shorts and grey denim shirt, if that helps.

No clue what happened that night, and I don't remember too much of SFA, so I hope I wasn't a nuisance there haha.

I buzzed of this, wasn't going to see them, but me pal was heading over and I'd already missed Christy Moore, so thought may aswell, Wow, it awesome. Just heard a song from the set on 6 (Hometown Unicorn?) got emotional.....again.

So glad I saw them

I was absolutley shattered on the Friday, i had definitely hit the wall from Wednesday and Thursday to the point where i kept napping and couldn't reclaim any energy. So much so that i went back to the tent after Libs and was worried that i wouldn't be able to get back up for SFA. 30 minutes rest to myself and a dab of something naughty sorted me out though and i legged it to the Park just in time to hear Slow Life... WHAT A SET IT WAS! Im so glad i man'd up and headed down there as it was my first ever SFA gig and easily the set of the weekend. My mates who ended up going along as a result of the Foo's dropping out were also really pleased they went too as they said it was one of the best gigs they have seen in years.

I will admit I did require the usage of certain substances to keep me awake as I was shattered too, but was still an excellent gig.

BBC is shit - just been on their site to see what videos they had, all they have is fucking Juxtaposed!