Super Furry Animals!

michael eavis' beard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for LK I think it may have suffered from the fact that it is a grower of an album and more modern times doesnt respect that I find sadly. People download shed loads and move on if not grabbed instantly. Also, there was something initially jarring with Gruff Rhys' distinctive vocals not dominating every tune............ there's 2p for ya

Apologies if this was discussed earlier and I've missed it, but NME have said that SFA are playing Mwng in it's entirety as their set on Friday - has this been said anywhere else? I was planning on seeing them but if the entire set's going to be in Welsh I might give it a miss!

Apologies if this was discussed earlier and I've missed it, but NME have said that SFA are playing Mwng in it's entirety as their set on Friday - has this been said anywhere else? I was planning on seeing them but if the entire set's going to be in Welsh I might give it a miss!

Really can't see that happening. They will play five or so songs off it to honour the anniversary from what I can tell. They didn't even perform it in it's entirety during their 2+ hour tour shows.

Willing to be proven wrong but it seems like classic poor research from the NME to me.

Willing to be proven wrong but it seems like classic poor research from the NME to me.

Yeah - I think so. It says it here:

http://www.nme.com/photos/glastonbury-2015-17-secret-sets-we-re-crossing-our-fingers-for/380996

But I've not seen anything from the band to suggest it's something that they're planning on doing.

They won't be.  Think they played about 5 tracks off Mwng at the gigs on the anniversary tour of said album so would be very surprised if they played more at a festival - especially as they've not mentioned anything about it.  

Also they've got a 1 hour 15 minute slot (should've been given longer!) and Mwng is about 40 mins long so there would be other tracks anyway - although that could just be The Man Don't Give A Fuck for the last 35 minutes!

Could well be BS but they've got a history of doing stuff like this - I saw them headline Wychwood a few years ago, just after Dark Days/Light Years came out - at the beginning of the set Gruff announced they were going to play that album, in full, for the first hour of the show! A lot of people around me decided to wander off elsewhere & the band made it to track 8 (of 12) I think before abandoning that plan and getting to the hits!