Super Furry Animals!

michael eavis' beard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at footage from the Peel tent this year there was a fair bit of bouncing etc going on. And people were bouncing for Lionel. And moshing for Motorhead.

I was there for both those gigs, it's nothing like the same! Motorhead being diabolical didnt help like.

Watch changes at the bowie gig for further details, though in fairness that was 2000 so it's not just a 90s phenomenon.

System of a Down at Leeds 2013 was one of the best crowds I've been in. Fun moshing and plenty of jumping up and down.

Screw yer 90s.

Serj Tankian at Rock Am Ring was one of the worst crowds Ive ever been in. Shite moshing and plenty of jumping up and down.

Yeh you get small pockets now of course. But have you seen the footage on this super furry animals documentary? The ENTIRE packed other stage crowd was bouncing. Not just the nobheads down the front. Everyone! 

Because in those days everyone was on the same page. There werent the divisions of today.

it's not a 90's thing, it originated in the 80's...even at something as innocent as a Simple Minds/The Cult gig...imagine a dusty Milton Keynes Bowl on a hot Saturday in June 86 becoming dangerous to breathe in with all the dust being kicked up in the air..

gig goers today are just less fit, less mobile & lazier than in the past (all those chairs at Glasto now! the horror!!!)...you'd never see this at a wembley - or any other - gig these days (bar The Nal at any Prodigy gig, even if it was up against Led Zeppelin) and this is just bloody INXS! watch the masses heaving up and down...those were the good days

Depends on the situation for me. Didn't mind having a good ol' bounce to MDGAF but I'm quite contempt having my own space to dance in. In fact, i'd say Mavis Staples was the best crowd i was in all weekend, nice and spacious and everyone moving and having a great time. 

Edited by CHRLY

it's not a 90's thing, it originated in the 80's...even at something as innocent as a Simple Minds/The Cult gig...imagine a dusty Milton Keynes Bowl on a hot Saturday in June 86 becoming dangerous to breathe in with all the dust being kicked up in the air..

gig goers today are just less fit, less mobile & lazier than in the past (all those chairs at Glasto now! the horror!!!)...you'd never see this at a wembley - or any other - gig these days (bar The Nal at any Prodigy gig, even if it was up against Led Zeppelin) and this is just bloody INXS! watch the masses heaving up and down...those were the good days

hutchence was a great front man. A proper charismatic rockstar.  

Shame about the music like

MDGAF is definitely a bounce track. What else can you do during it?

Stand there and nod your head and tell those bouncing and talking to keep it down as they are ruining your experience

The stage lighting makes it hard to see most of the time but its basically a handful of isolated "hoppers" and maybe the odd bouncer 

Edited by ThomThomDrum

Was a plastic volvic bottle I think. Morgan's spiced. Think one of the guys was wearing a brown adidas jacket and I was wearing a backwards Yorkshire cricket cap, denim shorts and grey denim shirt, if that helps.

No clue what happened that night, and I don't remember too much of SFA, so I hope I wasn't a nuisance there haha.

I appear to have taken this photo, so this is where I was stood.

IMAG0663_zpsdgngbwge.jpg

Just catching up on this thread.  My friends and I were definitely the recipients of your rum, it was me in the brown adidas jacket infact!! Cheers Will, I'll return the favour next year :).

Definitely a subdued atmosphere but I absolutely loved it. Our group were singing and dancing to our hearts content. Was over the Big Easy until 3am afterwards.

Receptacle and Mountain People were probably my highlights. Not sure there's justification for Zoom when Ice Hockey Hair is missing but I suppose they want to play stuff throughout the breadth of their career.