Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I can't believe no one can get what Lightning was on about, im sure he might tell you himself, but I find myself thinking, since you've been gone, people just don't know what he's on about.

so its nothing to do with the title of said kids programme from back in the day then? 

I don't think it's sold out for a while and last time it sold out was quite late on. Unless AC/DC or GNR get announced, I don't think it'll sell out quickly so you should be fine - and if it is selling very fast then I'm sure there'll be plenty of warning.

Same three for me. For an extra point I'll guess at Volbeat replacing Sabbath in the trio at Download Paris.

Do Radio One ever make Download announcements?

Since the rock show has been moved to prime time they have I think.

Some ac/dc fan site is claiming dates are to be announced this week but playing Download on the Saturday which most people think Sabbath are booked for so interesting to see if that's true. Either way it's Sundays headliner announced tonight so presumably won't be either.

I'm just not sure if I can see AC/DC playing again after the hassles last time.

maybe i'm remembering wrong but wasn't it said that a lot of the hassle caused last time (by hassle, i assume you mean having their own stage etc) was in some way because of Malcolm and his dementia? can't remember where i read that but i definitely picked it up from somewhere

if they are headlining, i doubt they'll do the whole separate stage thing again. they didn't at Coachella this year, did they?

AC/DC, Sabbath, Maiden seems far too good to be true though

maybe i'm remembering wrong but wasn't it said that a lot of the hassle caused last time (by hassle, i assume you mean having their own stage etc) was in some way because of Malcolm and his dementia? can't remember where i read that but i definitely picked it up from somewhere

if they are headlining, i doubt they'll do the whole separate stage thing again. they didn't at Coachella this year, did they?

AC/DC, Sabbath, Maiden seems far too good to be true though

You might be right, I'm not sure! To be honest, 6 years will have passed since they headlined so I guess any issues could easily have been worked out by now. I'm not sure what the whole t-shirt deal was about where they weren't allowed to use the logo, but I guess that's a fairly small issue in the grand scheme. 

I would much rather see them at Glastonbury if they are going to do a UK festival in June though. It would be something really different and special for Glasto, but a bit too ordinary for Download. Then again, most of the bands that could possibly headline Download are far too ordinary for the festival.

I'm also not sure if all of those three for one festival is the wisest choice from a financial POV. Sabbath and Maiden together will be more than enough to get people to buy tickets. I wouldn't be surprised if they go with something more affordable as the other headliner. As much as I don't care about them, BMTH make the most sense as the 3rd headliner for about a million different reasons. People on the Facebook page complaining about them really isn't enough of a reason against them in my book.