Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, justanothername said:

This is a good point and when I think about makes the line up look weak. Probably going to show up to a lot of festivals in lower slots so whats the point then?

somebody apparently asked one of Foals if they'd be at Glastonbury and they said yes/gave a vague answer hinting at yes. we all brushed it off as we knew they'd be at R/L and assumed as an exclusive, but maybe it was right after all

4 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

I wasn't expecting much. 1 act I could get excited for isn't a great deal to ask mind.

That's a steaming pile of w*nk.

If you say so! ^_^ RHCP, Foals, Disclosure, Two Door, The 1975, Twenty One Pilots, Slaves and Oliver Heldens are all must see's for me. Eagles of Death Metal, Imagine Dragons, BBK and Imagine Dragons I'll see if there's no other clashes, so I think it's shaping up quite nicely :ph34r:

There's still a tonne of acts to come, the pessimism on here every year is unparalleled, but it seems after the third announcement plenty of people change their minds!

Edited by JSmurphy

7 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Do we reckon we'll get a lot of rock acts next announcement to make up for the lack announced today...?

I should bloody hope so. One of Guns N Roses, Biffy Clyro, Slipknot, Green Day, Muse and Foo Fighters as the final headliner. Then also Weezer, Brand New, Rise Against, Bullet For My Valentine, Skindred, Pvris, Fightstar, Tonight Alive, Sum 41, Good Charlotte, Coheed & Cambria and The Wonder Years.

10 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

I should bloody hope so. One of Guns N Roses, Biffy Clyro, Slipknot, Green Day, Muse and Foo Fighters as the final headliner. Then also Weezer, Brand New, Rise Against, Bullet For My Valentine, Skindred, Pvris, Fightstar, Tonight Alive, Sum 41, Good Charlotte, Coheed & Cambria and The Wonder Years.

I'd certainly need a few of those to commit.

Very mediocre announcement. The lack of exclusivity for Foals and Disclosure makes that 'weaker' co-headliner partnership seem a bit weaker. They might've benefitted in focusing on just getting Foals as an outright headliner on an exclusive deal.

Imagine Dragons and TDCC don't exactly get the blood pumping through my veins.

Parkway Drive should be decent and so to Crystal Castles.

Despite my like for Foals and the latter two, a lacklustre announcement.

48 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Foals / Disclosure / Two Door / Jack U / Oliver Heldens. All good for me. Don't know what you lot were expecting.

Yeah it's a weird reaction. I can find three in the new names that I like. Saying announcements are 'shit' because you've never heard the artists is Gazzaesque daftery.

Edited by dentalplan

On 12/2/2015 at 4:13 PM, Dan Wilcox said:

Foals/Disclosure co-headlining. RHCP.

1975 and Imagine Dragons subbing.

From the same source that gave me the 2014 line-up. 

Being as I believe this was commented before the RHCP announcement , your source is looking pretty on point so far!