Lineup 2016

Matt42

1 minute ago, JonSnow said:

Being as I believe this was commented before the RHCP announcement , your source is looking pretty on point so far!

although that same source said we'd have no headliner announced today and Guns N Roses would be a standalone announcement in a couple of weeks which we now know not to be true, so can't win em all i guess!

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

although that same source said we'd have no headliner announced today and Guns N Roses would be a standalone announcement in a couple of weeks which we now know not to be true, so can't win em all i guess!

Very good point, but I guess theres always a chance the Festival planned to not announce Foals/Disclosure as headliners today but then changed their minds late on. I would quite like this source not to be true though as I really don't want Guns n Roses as the third headliner!

Just now, JonSnow said:

Very good point, but I guess theres always a chance the Festival planned to not announce Foals/Disclosure as headliners today but then changed their minds late on. I would quite like this source not to be true though as I really don't want Guns n Roses as the third headliner!

somebody who's usually in the know has claimed to know GnR touring schedule and it doesn't include R/L so you may be in luck with that one

7 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

My bets are on Kanye

I'm taking a huge stab in the dark here, but with the success of Kendrick last year, coupled with the fact Drake is releasing an album early this year and has Uk festival experience playing Wireless. Would Drake subbing an act like the Stone Roses be beyond the realms of impossibility?. Understand Kanye seems more plausible though.

Edited by JonSnow

3 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

I'm taking a huge stab in the dark here, but with the success of Kendrick last year, coupled with the fact Drake is releasing an album early this year and has Uk festival experience playing Wireless. Would Drake subbing an act like the Stone Roses be beyond the realms of impossibility?

Yes.

3 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

I'm taking a huge stab in the dark here, but with the success of Kendrick last year, coupled with the fact Drake is releasing an album early this year and has Uk festival experience playing Wireless. Would Drake subbing an act like the Stone Roses be beyond the realms of impossibility?. Understand Kanye seems more plausible though.

i doubt Drake would accept a club slot these days considering he's been headlining the other festivals he's done in the UK (well... just Wireless)

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i doubt Drake would accept a club slot these days considering he's been headlining the other festivals he's done in the UK (well... just Wireless)

Fair enough, but I think we probably would have had the same opinion on Kendrick Lamar this time last year too, who also co-headlined Wireless I believe in 2015. 

Will you are probably right on the Stone Roses point. It is much more likely they would be subbed by Last Shadow puppets if they were the headline.

Edited by JonSnow

37 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Its a pretty lame announcement but that's because I think a lot of what they book now is pretty lame. 

Its probably a good announcement if you like a Fetty Wap - whatever the fuck that is 

i just spotified fetty wap, he's a rapper with his top hit trap queen having over 350 million hits. That song, along with 679, a song with 182 million hits, gets played at clubs here pretty much every day i just had no idea it was fetty wap. its a fairly big deal 

The guy on here a few weeks ago that said TSR were headlining "with authority" did put down parkway drive and TDCC with his other knowledge.. At this point he's technically not got anything wrong but he's only named two. I'll stick with this guy until something more reliable comes up 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep, that's a R/L announcement

Haha, it is indeed.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Why are Two Door Cinema Club being advertised as 'only European festival date of the summer'?

they have half a dozen announced already. :rolleyes:

Edit: one of which is in the UK, so it's not even a UK festival exclusive. 

The write up on here says English Exclusive so it's probably correct.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

somebody apparently asked one of Foals if they'd be at Glastonbury and they said yes/gave a vague answer hinting at yes. we all brushed it off as we knew they'd be at R/L and assumed as an exclusive, but maybe it was right after all

Yeah very shocked by that, so they have tickets to sell for own tour, tickets now for R&L are are likely to appear at another festival too. WTF were R&L thinking.

1 hour ago, Hart Attack said:

I should bloody hope so. One of Guns N Roses, Biffy Clyro, Slipknot, Green Day, Muse and Foo Fighters as the final headliner. Then also Weezer, Brand New, Rise Against, Bullet For My Valentine, Skindred, Pvris, Fightstar, Tonight Alive, Sum 41, Good Charlotte, Coheed & Cambria and The Wonder Years.

Surely GNR, Biffy and Green Day are out? They were all predicted yesterday. It won't be Slipknot or Muse I doubt either.

40 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Well ID sub was obvious, no Kanye is great and hasn't Neil gave the view that no one yesterday guessed the correct headers as Foals were predicted so I'm guessing he meant generally as they are announced?

36 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

It's shit imo.

I agree with your opinion. Nothing at all I'd make a big point of going to.

31 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

My bets are on Kanye

Neil already said all guesses are way out and as Foals was a guess yesterday I'm taking it he's talking in general.

9 minutes ago, kev1664 said:

I'd have said all subs were taken. The 1975, TDCC and Imagine Dragons.

Either 1975 or TDCC third under Co head

Me too, that person info was spot on and TDCC have easily got to the point to sub at this fest. 1975 I'd imagine under co headers. I don't think you can go too much by positioning.

6 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

Hell's fucking bells that's bland. 

There's usually something special to keep it interesting but the only thing I can consider like that is CC. 

Fetty Wap is a really good booking but I fucking hate him

At least it wasn't the idiot!