Lineup 2016

Matt42

14 minutes ago, benus80 said:

If I was a betting man I am going to say the killers have a good shout of headlining and especially at 16-1 I have punt on that you heard it here first. P S I think they are an average band with a handful of amazing songs. 

if you want to just give your money away i'll happily take it off your hands!

Edited by FloorFiller

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will remembered that in the future. I went through the betting list and decided that the acts that I know that are taking a break are foos, blur, kol, kaisbian. Green day, nin, dre and blink 182. Others such as weeknd, bloc party and new order can not see them as headliners. Kendrick played last year, Prince no chance. I feel GNR too expensive and slipnot, flo and muse will be headlining other British festivals. So it leaves with a handful of realistic headliners the killers being one.  

Edited by benus80

9 minutes ago, benus80 said:

I will remembered that in the future. I went through the betting list and decided that the acts that I know that are taking a break are foos, blur, kol, kaisbian. Green day, nin, dre and blink 182. Others such as weeknd, bloc party and new order can not see them as headliners. Kendrick played last year, Prince no chance. I feel GNR too expensive and slipnot, flo and muse will be headlining other British festivals. So it leaves with a handful of realistic headliners the killers being one.  

Based on what?

1 minute ago, Biogeneric said:

Based on what?

To be fair Flo is headlining BST and Muse are likely for Glasto. Slipknot wont be doing any festivals this year

1 minute ago, benus80 said:

But slipknot are performing live in Feb/March so could play festivals but the others I previously mention are not even playing live even considering it.  

What festivals could Slipknot play this year that would rule them out for R&L?

Sorry I thought that they are playing or rumour to play download do could be? But you are right about flo heading BST and muse a shoe in for Glastonbury. But I still think killers are a good bet and can not see them at V for a 4th time in 6 years it is something stupid like that 

1 minute ago, DirtyChorizo said:

haven't been to a festival with a co-headlining act before. how long is each set for the headliners? also are we sure that foals are closing, as the way they set it out on the line-up makes it look as if disclosure are.

QOTSA and Paramore both got 75 mins in 2014. Suspect the same here and the chances are that Foals will close one site and Disclosure the other

1 minute ago, benus80 said:

Sorry I thought that they are playing or rumour to play download do could be? But you are right about flo heading BST and muse a shoe in for Glastonbury. But I still think killers are a good bet and can not see them at V for a 4th time in 6 years it is something stupid like that 

Slipknot played Download last year and the headliners for this year have already been announced.

8 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Benus is Gazza and I claim my five pounds

I am sorry I am 100,% not Gazza I am not lieing I promise, but I do not who you mean the person who keeps saying way out suggestions and keeps changing his profile. I am just a 35 year old country lad from the Devon who is trying to say things and try my best to predict my fave music festival line up. 

1 hour ago, DirtyChorizo said:

possibly pearl jam for last headliner? only band I can think of that are a bigger band for reading than RHCP

Might not be bigger than RHCP though, in fact it could be a smaller act than Foals.

Everyone is presuming that Foals a the weak headliner but the weak headliner could be the one that is yet to be announced.

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

Might not be bigger than RHCP though, in fact it could be a smaller act than Foals.

Everyone is presuming that Foals a the weak headliner but the weak headliner could be the one that is yet to be announced.

pearl jam is the second largest grunge band to exist, I doubt it would be samaller than foals, that being said, foals imo is a fucking sick headliner, just hope they're closing instead of disclosure

If I was organising R+L I'd see the most logical headliners for this crowd as one of:
The Stone Roses
Radiohead
Kasabian
Gorillaz
The Strokes
Kanye West

The Stone Roses are a great pick as there's a big indie crowd there who will love them, and they'll sell plenty of day tickets off the back of them being an iconic British band making a big comeback. They may also be waiting to announce a new tour or possibly even new music, so could be a good bet for the last headliner. Also, I can't see them at V (wrong crowd probably) and R+L did share two headliners with T last year. Radiohead would be a really good pick for the same reasons (apart from the reunion) but they're notorious for playing weird sets, so that could be a turn off. I'd still put them as the most likely to be booked, and both would surely be affordable with the second headliner being fairly small compared to usual.

Kasabian and Gorillaz suit R+L perfectly, and both put on great shows and are definitely headliner material. Only reason I see these as unlikely is because Kasabian have been doing festivals for the last couple of years and are probably on a break. Gorillaz are also probably going to get tied up elsewhere, but I wouldn't give up on them just yet.

The Strokes would be a good booking but I feel they'd be looking for someone bigger (they're pretty big, but they only co'd last time and they've not got any bigger since) since Foals/Disclosure is presumably the weaker, cheaper option.

That leaves Kanye, who would be a strong booking (I'm not a fan, but a lot are), but they might be wary of the fact that they've already booked a dance act as a co and that's never going to go down that well with a classic R+L crowd. He was also shit at Glasto. Plus, if they've not fully sorted out the last headliner they may have seen the negative reaction and that might be playing on their minds a little with the last one.

Aside from that list, Muse are a decent shout but I can see them at Glasto and the same goes for the Foos, who could even take a year off. It's probably too soon for Biffy.

Unfortunately, GNR may seem to tempting to resist for the festival, especially if they have a bit to spend, but I think it would be a bad choice because not only is Axl a complete mess, they went down badly last time. I also think they're targeting a younger, 16-19 year old audience these days, and, as someone of that age group, I think GNR would be really underwhelming for most people. A lot of people seem pretty buzzed for RHCP, but GNR are irrelevant to that age group and, although it would sell tickets (to older people) I think they're targeting younger people and now is when they want to get them into the festival so they'll keep coming back for a long time.

Can't think of any outsiders really that would be suitable - maybe Noel Gallagher if you wanted something really out there.

6 minutes ago, thelemon said:

If I was organising R+L I'd see the most logical headliners for this crowd as one of:
The Stone Roses
Radiohead
Kasabian
Gorillaz
The Strokes
Kanye West

The Stone Roses are a great pick as there's a big indie crowd there who will love them, and they'll sell plenty of day tickets off the back of them being an iconic British band making a big comeback. They may also be waiting to announce a new tour or possibly even new music, so could be a good bet for the last headliner. Also, I can't see them at V (wrong crowd probably) and R+L did share two headliners with T last year. Radiohead would be a really good pick for the same reasons (apart from the reunion) but they're notorious for playing weird sets, so that could be a turn off. I'd still put them as the most likely to be booked, and both would surely be affordable with the second headliner being fairly small compared to usual.

Kasabian and Gorillaz suit R+L perfectly, and both put on great shows and are definitely headliner material. Only reason I see these as unlikely is because Kasabian have been doing festivals for the last couple of years and are probably on a break. Gorillaz are also probably going to get tied up elsewhere, but I wouldn't give up on them just yet.

The Strokes would be a good booking but I feel they'd be looking for someone bigger (they're pretty big, but they only co'd last time and they've not got any bigger since) since Foals/Disclosure is presumably the weaker, cheaper option.

That leaves Kanye, who would be a strong booking (I'm not a fan, but a lot are), but they might be wary of the fact that they've already booked a dance act as a co and that's never going to go down that well with a classic R+L crowd. He was also shit at Glasto. Plus, if they've not fully sorted out the last headliner they may have seen the negative reaction and that might be playing on their minds a little with the last one.

Aside from that list, Muse are a decent shout but I can see them at Glasto and the same goes for the Foos, who could even take a year off. It's probably too soon for Biffy.

Unfortunately, GNR may seem to tempting to resist for the festival, especially if they have a bit to spend, but I think it would be a bad choice because not only is Axl a complete mess, they went down badly last time. I also think they're targeting a younger, 16-19 year old audience these days, and, as someone of that age group, I think GNR would be really underwhelming for most people. A lot of people seem pretty buzzed for RHCP, but GNR are irrelevant to that age group and, although it would sell tickets (to older people) I think they're targeting younger people and now is when they want to get them into the festival so they'll keep coming back for a long time.

Can't think of any outsiders really that would be suitable - maybe Noel Gallagher if you wanted something really out there.

Can't see why the Stone Roses and Radiohead would appeal to younger people any more than GnR... Regardless don't think attracting a young audience will be on their mind with the next headliner. The acts already announced are more than enough to attract 16-19 year olds.