Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great announcement but they never are before the main one. The 1975, Imagine Dragons and Foals/Disclosure may be a disappointing set of subs for people on here, but they're all huge right now and will no doubt draw big crowds.

Hoping the third headliner will be the Roses, and we'll see the Manics and Weezer make an appearance somewhere.

56 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Comforting to know that Gazza is still banging that Foals drum, hunched over spreadsheets of sales data, calculating average festival positions while jamming along to Imagine Dragons....

I jest of course, but you must even get bored by it no?

I would think Imagine Dragons fans never tire of someone banging the same drum over and over.

21 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

For me I'd say:

Possible: Biffy, Kanye, Muse, The Stone Roses, Guns N' Roses

Less Likely: Kings of Leon, The Killers, Radiohead

Fuck it, let Pendulum headline

I wouldn't complain if Pendulum headlined, I'd choose them over any of the other possibilities, except maybe Biffy, if they could get Biffy headlining with Pendulum subbing them that would be ideal.

23 minutes ago, VCK said:

Not a great announcement but they never are before the main one. The 1975, Imagine Dragons and Foals/Disclosure may be a disappointing set of subs for people on here, but they're all huge right now and will no doubt draw big crowds.

Hoping the third headliner will be the Roses, and we'll see the Manics and Weezer make an appearance somewhere.

If only Foals/Disclosure were actually subs dude. They aren't that huge man lol.

39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

can't be any worse than the crowds for The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian... etc

Oh, it can. Dance tent is full of the kind of people who would go watch Kanye and my experience of the dance tent crowds has been very poor. Full of 16 year olds thinking it's acceptable to randomly start grinding on girls.

12 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

I wouldn't complain if Pendulum headlined, I'd choose them over any of the other possibilities, except maybe Biffy, if they could get Biffy headlining with Pendulum subbing them that would be ideal.

Feels odd that pendulum would be happy to sub with disclosure as a headliner...

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I'm not sure why it's comforting for you? I'm not the one wasting my money on that shit. It's not exactly a one side option that them being announced today was surprising. What is comforting though is my thoughts that they wouldn't be an outright headliner on their own.......now go check that lineup release write up! :P.

Good attempt from you though.....buy also failed attempt :))

Attempt at what? Comforting in the sense that I know that if you are still bleating on about Foals then the world is still turning. I won't be wasting my money on the festival either, the line up thus far is a load of old horse cock  - just makes me laugh to see that any mention of Foals ends up with you issuing some long diatribe about how unsuitable they are.

With reference to the efestivals comment on it being a surprising announcement that must be sarcasm.

On another topic: Creamfields has been extended to 4 days on the same weekend of R&L, I know literally nothing about that festival a part from it's dance music. Any chance this extension and date could affect sales of R&L? Regardless of who was announced this morning? 

Please note I know sweet f*ck all about Creamfields

On 30/11/2015 at 5:22 PM, benus80 said:

Did I imagine that in a interview last year Mr Benn said that disclosure are future headliners along with young fathers and foals. It maybe be just a dream/nightmare 

I am not going to boast but I did predict that disclosure and foals will headline/co headliner back in November but it was one of the worst kept secrets in the music business. But of the other acts announced apart from two door are shite. 

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

Feels odd that pendulum would be happy to sub with disclosure as a headliner...

That's not my reasoning but it does add to why atm my hunch is a UK, possibly even European Festival Exclusive. They booked BMTH to sub as a Euro Exclusive and in reality, that size of act now is playing higher than sub. 

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Attempt at what? Comforting in the sense that I know that if you are still bleating on about Foals then the world is still turning. I won't be wasting my money on the festival either, the line up thus far is a load of old horse cock  - just makes me laugh to see that any mention of Foals ends up with you issuing some long diatribe about how unsuitable they are.

Great! 

35 minutes ago, garyfish said:

Forget Reading this year you can get tickets with camping and flights for this less than the price of a reading ticket 

nosalive_lineup_posteraf_750.jpg

No thanks! ;P

36 minutes ago, garyfish said:

Forget Reading this year you can get tickets with camping and flights for this less than the price of a reading ticket 

nosalive_lineup_posteraf_750.jpg

Should be going to that or Primavera, depends on money and whether I can stay with friends in Lisbon/Barca or not.

Radiohead alone destroys the entire Reading lineup.

43 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

With reference to the efestivals comment on it being a surprising announcement that must be sarcasm.

On another topic: Creamfields has been extended to 4 days on the same weekend of R&L, I know literally nothing about that festival a part from it's dance music. Any chance this extension and date could affect sales of R&L? Regardless of who was announced this morning? 

Please note I know sweet f*ck all about Creamfields

It means that there can be a broader amount of acts to play both, but it also means that Cream now another day to be able to grab more acts that may keep them from Reading and Cream is already atm the fastest selling major fest bar Glasto in the UK.

16 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

No comparison really, great line-up so far! Also, interesting to see Foal's position at NOS compared with R&L...

Well NOS is in Portugal to be fair :P 

15 minutes ago, benus80 said:

I am not going to boast but I did predict that disclosure and foals will headline/co headliner back in November but it was one of the worst kept secrets in the music business. But of the other acts announced apart from two door are shite. 

You didn't mate. You just mentioned the interview where Melvin said Foals and Disclosure were future headliners. 

21 minutes ago, Couchy said:

Whoever was running R&L's twitter account needs a talking to.

Why want happen? Please tell us. 

Plus I did guest that foals and disclosure were going to headline by quoting the sound bite from Mr Benn thus applying it and 2016 is the future so give me a bit of credit.