Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Gorgon City, Dusky, Patrick Topping, Flava D, Shadow Child, Route 94, Richy Ahmed....it's like the type of dickhead magnet lineup I'd expect on a stage at Creamfields.

Hopefully it drags in dickheads galore then and the rest of the site if free and easy. With Elrow on Thursday and Friday and that magnitude of pish in The Common across the weekend, i think that a lot of the other venues could profit from this a lot 

The thing that really pisses me off (I thought I'd just get straight into it) is that it's Glastonbury just following the lowest common denominator trend like everyone else.

There's a reason Ed Sheeran is so popular. He plays bland, inoffensive, musically unchallenging garbage that your average Joe can hear. rather than listen to. Thousands flock to it.

There's a reason Patrick Topping is so popular. He plays bland, inoffensive, rapid snare build-pause-oooooooh! BIG DROP-Cheeeeer! cliched, musically unchallenging garbage that your average Joe can hear, rather than feel. Thousands flock to it.

I'm ok, guys...

My anxiety now is that one of the places I was most depending upon to see me through to 0600/0600/0500h has, essentially, now gone.

I love Arcadia, as it happens. But it closes at 3am.

Ditto Beat Hotel and Silver Hayes.

With Shangri-La having basically sacked off it's dance stuff, I now have only Block9, Unfairground (:o) and Stonebridge to see me from 0300h to morning. I am determined to hit up all-nighters Fri/Sat/Sun.

It just means that I will have to be very organised with planning myself across the festival at those times. I LOVE Genosys, but I don't necessarily want to be there 0300-0600h every night. Some variety would be much cooler.

All I can say is that...it's all going to be alright. I just hope that I get the chance to tie up with some of you on here, so we can get properly mashed and see every night though with some quality stuff.

Hmmmm.

:blink:

Ben
xx

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

My anxiety now is that one of the places I was most depending upon to see me through to 0600/0600/0500h has, essentially, now gone.

This. The lack of variety from 3-6am is a bit shit. The last thing I want at 6am is jump up DnB. 

1 minute ago, EZYSEY said:

This. The lack of variety from 3-6am is a bit shit. The last thing I want at 6am is jump up DnB. 

I can see myself needing to travel a bit. For instance, there are a few bits and bobs in, say, Unfairground, that might come up trumps for me in that crucial part of the night - Shaded and Tom Demac I'd be quite happy to see.

So all to play for. I plan to schedule my nights to within an inch of their lives and just hope that some of you buggers are up to rave with me.

@Untz - I realise that you cannot commit to anything vaguely schedule-associated, but I'm still hoping...

:)

Ben

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

@Untz - I realise that you cannot commit to anything vaguely schedule-associated, but I'm still hoping...

:)

Ben

Well I'll be at Blawan, almost definitely. Can't not turn up at the one solid techno act the SEC have bothered to put on.

2 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

The blurb really does show they've sold out massively.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-common/the-temple/

And the thing is, there's lots of super popular, 'easy' stuff elsewhere - Love Bullets etc.

Show me the ****ing techno.

Come on, Spider. Please God, come on, Spider...

Ben

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Drum and Bass is fucking shite

D'ya know what, Mez, to me it isn't.

It can be absolutely brilliant. Dark, glitchy, non-vocal DnB (with not a fucking hype man within 30 milers of the place) can be fantastic. Sadly, yer average ketted-up punter will scream with joy at the bollocks that currently passes for DnB most of the time these days, only encouraging more of the same...

I refer the honourable gentleman to the Patrick Topping answer I gave some moments ago...

:mellow:

Ben