Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Unless if Arcadia is all out techno this year... I'd even settle for a techno day.

With Eats Everything and Skream b2b Solardo playing Friday, it doesn't look likely 

I'm now really really looking forward to seeing The Beat Hotel line up 

I need to stop thinking about that disappointing lineup lol.

okay so to fit with the info from jackmaster - that we are having a master mix esque stage this year. Look what has just been announced and look at the date... might be a clue - would make a lot of information we've got make sense.

IMG_0144.PNG

IMG_0145.PNG

Arcadia, Stonebridge and Beat Hotel to come then. These techno cravings may go wanting - shame to hear. This is such a massive change in clientele from The Common. Really, really unfortunate.

@FloorFiller what sort of stuff do you normally go for?

Edited by Tuna

That is absolutely dump. Especially after the Sunday last year I was expecting so much more. 

Whats left then? Beat Hotel and Arcadia? Arcadia isn't the best in my opinion, such a faff and isn't exactly the best crowd. 

I can't see me going to SE Corner for anything except for Bloc9 and Sasha at Unfairground, what's the story with that?

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

@FloorFiller what sort of stuff do you normally go for?

House, techno, electronica. I'm not that much of a dance buff really - just enjoy getting off my face at festivals and having a dance at the end of the night :lol: DnB etc is not my thing though really.

Like others have said though, I'm sure I'll find something across the rest of the lineup. I pretty much just go by what people on here are hyping over (or in most cases, intend to and then miss it all).

Just now, FloorFiller said:

House, techno, electronica. I'm not that much of a dance buff really - just enjoy getting off my face at festivals and having a dance at the end of the night :lol: DnB etc is not my thing though really.

Like others have said though, I'm sure I'll find something across the rest of the lineup. I pretty much just go by what people on here are hyping over (or in most cases, intend to and then miss it all).

Haha, you'll be fine in most places then. 

Such high hopes for the new Temple. Such abject disappointment now. 

Hurry up Beat Hotel! How many people just play there and nowhere else over the weekend though? That's my worry. 

I suppose we still have Stonebridge to come (and Arcadia but just not a place I enjoy for some reason).

Friday and Saturday are already proper stacked.

Friday: 

• Hessle Audio, Henrik Schwarz, Bicep in WOW
  • Heidi in Beat Hotel
  • HUNEE IN NYC DOWNLOW!

Saturday:

• Joy O, Jobse, Hunee\Antal, Vynehall, Tennis in WOW
  • Heidi, Pearson Sound in London Underground
  • Dan Shake in NYC

Plus: Hunee (Beat Hotel) & Call Super (WOW) for Thursday. Plus look at the names without a date yet: Midland in NYC, Artwork, Masters at Work, Steffi & Virginia, etc in Block9, the mastermix, Joe Goddard, etc. Basically, just give me some sugar for Sunday. Traditional Beat Hotel til close I imagine.

Edited by Tuna

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Friday and Saturday are already proper stacked.

Friday: 

• Hessle Audio, Henrik Schwarz, Bicep in WOW
  • Heidi in Beat Hotel
  • HUNEE IN NYC DOWNLOW!

Saturday:

• Joy O, Jobse, Hunee\Antal, Vynehall, Tennis in WOW
  • Heidi, Pearson Sound in London Underground
  • Dan Shake in NYC

Plus: Hunee (Beat Hotel) & Call Super (WOW) for Thursday. Plus look at the names without a date yet: Midland in NYC, Artwork, Masters at Work, Steffi & Virginia, etc in Block9, the mastermix, Joe Goddard, etc. Basically, just give me some sugar for Sunday. Traditional Beat Hotel til close I imagine.

Only heard of Hunee due to people hyping over his announcement and am now very much looking forward to that Beat Hotel set (which I assume will be rammed but I'm fucking getting in!)

And now that you've written it all out, there's a bunch of shit I want to see - probably too much so. Awaiting some sucky clashes/a lot of running around.

Are you guys (of course not the ones in this thread) ever gonna stop listening to Drum 'n' Bass?! I'm from Germany, so a bit more techno-heavy and at my first Glastonbury I thought:

2011: "Ok, well, let the kids have their fun.".

2013: "This sounds exactly like last year."

2014: "Come on, it's impossible that they still listen to same beat from 3 years ago!"

2015: "Nope, still no change."

2016: "Has anybody told those kids that there are other beat patterns out there?!"

2017: "If I hear one more "boom cha, boom-cha", I'm gonna strangle somebody."

Sorry, if anybody is really into it, I'm just surprised how there seems to be no change whatsoever when it comes to the more popular electronic music.

Edited by ThomZorke
  • Upvote 1