Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

13 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And the thing is, there's lots of super popular, 'easy' stuff elsewhere - Love Bullets etc.

Show me the ****ing techno.

Come on, Spider. Please God, come on, Spider...

Ben

Yeh some solid techno would be lovely for the 3-6am. I do like DnB but Jump up is painful. Show me some intelligent shit and i'm happier.

EDIT: The Cave looks ok Saturday night.

Edited by EZYSEY

2 minutes ago, Time Being said:

I'm completely unfamiliar with these artists closing the Temple this year. Can someone illuminate me as to what is wrong with them/what their style is. This is coming from someone who considers last years Sunday lineup pretty much ideal...

Prepare to be disappointed.

Do you like cheesy, unimaginative, generic vanilla tech-house?

I mean you might. Thousands bloody well seem to...

:(

Ben

D'you know what?

Maybe this is an opportunity.

Maybe this is the chance for me/us to hit up a couple of sets we might not have and make them fucking events - some slightly less well known, more obscure electronica and get the artist to rip it up for us!

WE CAN DO THIS PEOPLE

*begins to get mojo back*

:)

Ben

2 hours ago, EZYSEY said:

Yep thats a shit lineup. Jump up DnB is the worst sort and its all over that lineup. What a shame.

Agreed... I love DnB but they really have made a disappointing choice. Friction's alright though, and Hype can be on the right day.. 

The rest of it I don't even recognise, although will head down for Stanton Warriors as would much prefer to see them there than in one of the small glade stages

Are there any recommendations??

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Agreed... I love DnB but they really have made a disappointing choice. Friction's alright though, and Hype can be on the right day.. 

The rest of it I don't even recognise, although will head down for Stanton Warriors as would much prefer to see them there than in one of the small glade stages

No

Ben

• Upvote 1

Ffs glastonbury book me in the sunday temple i'l play some banging techno and i'l play for absolutely free

I know klock and dettmann et al probably gave you the middle finger but why turn to patrick topping :( when he's playing almost every single dance stage

3 minutes ago, OBface said:

Yessssssss!

Ben in the spirit of trying something new I think you need to commit to at least one night in the Downlow. It could like y'know change you...

If there's a good bunch of you flipping beautiful people going, and you can convince me it won't be three hours of The Weather Girls being spun, I might just do it!

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

;)

Ben

Oh...haha oh dear. 

They do indeed seem to have spread stuff out. Isn't the Wow stage shit? I'm not even sure I know which part of Silver Hayes it is, yet it seems to have the best lineup so far... So is it intentional? Or do they just have some real crappy bookers this yer?

I'm totally up for finding some small but awesome random DJ at 5am as you have suggested and getting an efests rave on!

• Upvote 1

The Temple was made for techno as far as I'm concerned, so that's a strange line up. There's quite a lot of good dnb there and I quite enjoy jump up sometimes, especially when its late and I'm wonked out the game. I was a bit devastated when I got to the end of the list without recognising one techno act, but my techno needs will be more than covered by Dour a few weeks later. At the end of the day its Glastonbury and there are one of hundreds of ways to have a great night. Its just a shame that my preferred method isn't likely to be an option this time round.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Ffs glastonbury book me in the sunday temple i'l play some banging techno and i'l play for absolutely free

I know klock and dettmann et al probably gave you the middle finger but why turn to patrick topping :( when he's playing almost every single dance stage

I was going to post this point, Matt.

This smacks of Glastonbury's price policy (with which I have no issue...) finding themselves priced out of the market re: known techno DJs, only then for them to entirely fail to identify sub-Klock price artists who would be AMAZING. 

Result - Championship-price ubiquitous cheese-merchants who are as unexpected as the sun coming up every morning.

Bit sad.

Ben 

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

And with not one word of a lie, Matthew, I would 100% be there if you were mixing anything like that last one you posted.

#setofthefestival

:)

Ben

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Dimension, Hype & Hazard and Total Science are three of my favourites from the poster. I'll be doing my best to get to see these

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If there's a good bunch of you flipping beautiful people going, and you can convince me it won't be three hours of The Weather Girls being spun, I might just do it!

Ben

Well The Black Madonna is looking pretty unlikely so you're probably in the clear :) 

I am oft to be found in the Downlow post 3am, swing on by! Strong recommendation for Hunee there. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

That is absolutely dump. Especially after the Sunday last year I was expecting so much more. 

Whats left then? Beat Hotel and Arcadia? Arcadia isn't the best in my opinion, such a faff and isn't exactly the best crowd. 

I can't see me going to SE Corner for anything except for Bloc9 and Sasha at Unfairground, what's the story with that?

Did I read correctly is Sasha playing the unfair ground?

sorry yes I just went through I must have missed his name, that's cheered me right Up sasha and digweed will be my Saturday night headlier.. fingers crossed he doesn't clash

Edited by shuttlep