Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

If it's a live set, you're in for something heavy! 

That'll do me, Tuna.

And if Placid gives us a nice, dirty acid house/acid-tech set then I'll be in 9th Heaven.

I might as well pitch up the tent in Block9...

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

3 hours ago, magliad said:

Nice.

What old skool apart from Altern8 is at Glasto this year do you know? My favourite bit of Bestival is world of rave :D

Altern8, Mark XTC (Mix Factory), Jon Da Silva, Mike Pickering, 808 State, Vinyljunkie, Ellis Dee, Nicky Blackmarket, Daniel Billy Bunter.

There are more but this is all I can remember off the top of my head.

The world of rave thing is Slipmatt isn't it?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cieran said:

https://www.mixesdb.com/w/2016-08-05_-_Joy_Orbison_b2b_Solar_@_Dekmantel_Festival_Day_1,_Melkweg,_Amsterdam

Really looking forward to seeing Solar play at least twice on the farm. 

Playing b2b with Joy O on WoW and b2b with Galen somewhere in Block 9.

Worth checking out @bennyhana22

Want to get down to Wow stage big time, any guesses what times they'll be on?

10 minutes ago, Cieran said:

https://www.mixesdb.com/w/2016-08-05_-_Joy_Orbison_b2b_Solar_@_Dekmantel_Festival_Day_1,_Melkweg,_Amsterdam

Really looking forward to seeing Solar play at least twice on the farm. 

Playing b2b with Joy O on WoW and b2b with Galen somewhere in Block 9.

Worth checking out @bennyhana22

Cheers, Cieran

Yeah, have been hitting up some Solar & Galen today and when they play my stuff, they're good.

I've always found Joy O a bit too poppy for me, but that Wow! set is in the mix.

Really though, I'm expecting (hoping) that there will be a bit of a stellar run for me in the SEC on the Saturday night, so I don't reckon I'll be around Silver Hayes 0100-0300h. But would look to catch S&G in Block9.

Ben

Edit - ironic that there's a Stroboscopic Artefacts track in that mix, given that the label's head honcho, the infamous Lucy, is not playing the festival. Anymore! :rolleyes:

Edited by bennyhana22

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

@bennyhana22 - been checking out some Shed, as I wasn't familiar before. Found a good boiler room set with Head High (who I'd also never heard of before) on Soundcloud, but do you have any other recommendations?

A lot of this is my kind of stuff, Sas, and pretty nice.

Tonight's obsession is with Placid and his lovely mix of classic acid and nicely minimal techno. I'm definitely back on the happy road!!

Ben

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Tonight's obsession is with Placid and his lovely mix of classic acid and nicely minimal techno. I'm definitely back on the happy road!!

Ben

Aaaah this is the one. Cheers Benny :)

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

Altern8, Mark XTC (Mix Factory), Jon Da Silva, Mike Pickering, 808 State, Vinyljunkie, Ellis Dee, Nicky Blackmarket, Daniel Billy Bunter.

There are more but this is all I can remember off the top of my head.

The world of rave thing is Slipmatt isn't it?

It is, usually him, Billy Bunter, Uncle Dugs and then a variety of other acts such as Baby D etc

Ellis Dee b2b Eats Everything should be incredible

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

This is a great little mix. There has to be plenty more little gems like this and once I'm done with uni on June 2nd I'm going to find every last one of them.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I've always found Joy O a bit too poppy for me, but that Wow! set is in the mix.

have you listened to his Essential Mix? there's some poppy-ish stuff, but also some nice techno-y bits too eg. below.

I think he'll probably be doing a Beat Hotel set at least, maybe Stonebridge too, given that I'd imagine it's unlikely he's coming down to only do a b2b in Wow

12 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

have you listened to his Essential Mix? there's some poppy-ish stuff, but also some nice techno-y bits too eg. below.

I think he'll probably be doing a Beat Hotel set at least, maybe Stonebridge too, given that I'd imagine it's unlikely he's coming down to only do a b2b in Wow

Trust me Joy O is an incredibly diverse DJ. I've seen him play all sorts of stuff

I guess he borrows from the Hessle style by sometimes plunging you into deep techno, then pulling you out into something a bit lighter.

this mix is really really worth your time if you're into the deeper stuff

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Cieran said:

Lets hope Arcadia's idea of techno isn't Patrick Topping

The use of the word 'bit' would be worrying me if I was a technohead. I'm not, so a 'bit' would be ideal for me as i would see a set or two but not much more, But I hope there is more than a 'bit' for all you lovers, I've got plenty to keep myself busy currently.

I've more than made my peace with the fact that "a bit" is about the best we can hope for, given that we already have Skream and A-Skillz/Krafty Kuts confirmed for it who most definitely won't be banging out some industrial techno, and the Beat Hotel will probably just have loads of DJs already announced elsewhere playing mostly house/disco sets.

17 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

By all accounts Sasha's live show at the Barbican last night but mind blowing. If only he'd got it ready in time to book Glastonbury. This would be sublime at the Glade or Silver Hayes somewhere...

Was there and it was amazing!!

i know it's all about techno in this thread but with Sasha and Digweed playing together again and solo sets plus Bedrock on the Thursday I'm more than happy!

Also looks like Sasha will tour Sence Delete next year.

• Upvote 1