Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

56 minutes ago, stuie said:

Would be fine on a closable venue like the temple. Or IICON could cope with it depending on timing. 

They nearly had to cancel the Fred again b2b Blessed Madonna set this year due to crowd control issues. 

Only way I could see them playing as a collective is if they headlined Other Stage. 

18 hours ago, Franky said:

No chance. Be far too dangerous. 

In Woodsies would be ok i think - no worse than Killers for example.

While young people do care a lot i think a lot of the older crowd couldn't care less.

It won't happen regardless i think, doubt they have interest in doing it

17 hours ago, stuie said:

Would be fine on a closable venue like the temple. Or IICON could cope with it depending on timing. 

IICON would have to be like 10-11:30 and even then would be absolutely rammed. Would bring the SEC to a standstill if it went on later than 12 tbh

8 hours ago, gfa said:

IICON would have to be like 10-11:30 and even then would be absolutely rammed. Would bring the SEC to a standstill if it went on later than 12 tbh

The accuracy of your comment is matched only by how astonishing it is that it is true, T! 😂

Ben

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Orbital tour will now have them playing the green AND Brown album

Oh my. Do I ever love Orbital II (and In Sides, too!)? I used to have it on a funny little music format called a Compact Disc. Those were the days, eh?

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sounds like Kevin Parker is one of the (potential list) of names collaborating with Justice on the new album. Can't wait for it, and the live shows to back it up

Edit: or at least that latest snippet sounds like KP...

Here for it. 

Would love to catch them live again. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sounds like Kevin Parker is one of the (potential list) of names collaborating with Justice on the new album. Can't wait for it, and the live shows to back it up

Edit: or at least that latest snippet sounds like KP...

where can one find this please

On 1/17/2024 at 8:31 AM, zahidf said:

Orbital tour will now have them playing the green AND Brown album

Bound to be at Glasto surely - booked for Bearded too - doing the green album was possible but can't see this set being repeated at Glasto now. 

Have tickets to see them in Barrowland so was elated to see they will be doing the brown album as well. There's some stuff on there I have never heard them play live and I suspect they may not have played live for 20-odd years.  

Edited by Breeze

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

Bound to be at Glasto surely - booked for Bearded too - doing the green album was possible but can't see this set being repeated at Glasto now. 

Have tickets to see them in Barrowland so was elated to see they will be doing the brown album as well. There's some stuff on there I have never heard them play live and I suspect they may not have played live for 20-odd years.  

They've struggled to agree with glasto on a slot for a few years now

2 hours ago, Breeze said:

I suspect whatever gigs they have coming up for the foreseeable will be Green/Brown Album sets. It takes a lot of work for them to get the sounds, samples and parts sorted and arranged for what tunes they're playing live so I imagine they'll be making the most of them. When they tour their sets generally have the same set list but they'll improvise the songs on the night depending on what's happening in the room.

38 minutes ago, stanh said:

Pangbourne House Mafia - Skrillex, Four Tet and Fred again..

I lot of backslapping w*nkery and social media hype and when it came down to it I don’t remember if it ever produced a genuinely amazing set. 

but very happy to be proven wrong 😀

Where are people placing Bicep this year? Apparently they have self confirmed but I’m unsure where they would fit this time around? If it’s their Chroma show would they headline the Park or would that be too small?

6 hours ago, Mark H said:

Where are people placing Bicep this year? Apparently they have self confirmed but I’m unsure where they would fit this time around? If it’s their Chroma show would they headline the Park or would that be too small?

Think it’s more likely to be a DJ set this year, if anything.

They will probably headline the other stage off the back of their next album. 

7 hours ago, Mark H said:

Arcadia set, Park headliner or IICON maybe? 

16 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I suspect whatever gigs they have coming up for the foreseeable will be Green/Brown Album sets. It takes a lot of work for them to get the sounds, samples and parts sorted and arranged for what tunes they're playing live so I imagine they'll be making the most of them. When they tour their sets generally have the same set list but they'll improvise the songs on the night depending on what's happening in the room.

Get them doing Green one night, and Brown on another…