Noel Gallagher

Mud Dweller

The single isn't bad,it's crying out for a solo though.Nice groove to it and I expect it will sound better live.

For me, 'Death of You & Me' was a poor choice of first single last time out so I'm not fussed.Will buy the album regardless as I always enjoy Noels work.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got form when he got rid of Death in Vegas when they were producing an oasis album. He's a conservative bugger!

Yet he was keen as mustard to work with the Chemical Brothers. I also remember Oasis used to do a cover of Cartouche - Feel The Groove, so he was definitely in touch with the dance scene. God knows why he's stayed so rigid in his solo stuff.

The single isn't bad,it's crying out for a solo though.

Yes, this. It's a nice enough little ditty, but it feels a bit incomplete and rushed into three and a half minutes. Noel's best at those sprawling epics, so I hope the whole album isn't like this. I'm also slightly concerned for the production - the mix seemed a bit flat to me, although I was listening via YouTube so that's not really the best way to judge it.

Either way, I'm all over a Noel sub-headline slot at the Pyramid.

I don't see why not. I know he's written off an Oasis reunion set, but his AMA was anything but conclusive about it from what I've read, and he actually seems pretty friendly with Beady Eye, if not Liam himself.

Might it be possible that Noel could headline/sub and be joined by Liam for one or two throwbacks? The crowd would go insane.

I can see this album having more of an 'edge' to it as opposed to the last one which felt like Noel just let loose in the studio to be at peace with whatever he wanted to create. Was more of a laid back vibe other than AKA What A Life.Think this one will be rockier which is I'm guessing where the comparisons to Definitely Maybe have come from.

I'm kind of hoping it's not though as I've always been more of a fan of the plodding stuff.

I don't see why not. I know he's written off an Oasis reunion set, but his AMA was anything but conclusive about it from what I've read, and he actually seems pretty friendly with Beady Eye, if not Liam himself.

Might it be possible that Noel could headline/sub and be joined by Liam for one or two throwbacks? The crowd would go insane.

Would hate to see Oasis together so soon or Liam onstage with him.I've waited for years for a Noel solo album and look forward to see where he goes during this time.

Yet he was keen as mustard to work with the Chemical Brothers. I also remember Oasis used to do a cover of Cartouche - Feel The Groove, so he was definitely in touch with the dance scene. God knows why he's stayed so rigid in his solo stuff.

Lack of quality class A's will do that to a musician

Until Liam attempted to sing !

I'm a bit of a sucker for acoustic versions of artists best songs and think Noel should've went down the "acoustic artist" route years ago.

Listened to Acquiesce recently (was always one of my favourites growing up) but discovered that I can't stand it now. Monotonous, loud, ignorant.

Noel doing it acoustic though would be nice(er).

I'm a bit of a sucker for acoustic versions of artists best songs and think Noel should've went down the "acoustic artist" route years ago.

Listened to Acquiesce recently (was always one of my favourites growing up) but discovered that I can't stand it now. Monotonous, loud, ignorant.

Noel doing it acoustic though would be nice(er).

Yeah, I had a similar reaction when all the Oasis stuff was released on Spotify. I think I listened to about 1 1/2 albums worth before never going back.