One act you want there more than anybody

Sketchead

more than anything I'd love them to have Cirque du Soleil appear - the new show Kooza looks fantastic.

Thats not a new one is it? I saw that a couple of years at the Royal Albert Hall.

Even so, you are right it is indeed fantastic! Some real heart in your mouth moments to! The wheel of death, is just amazing to see in the flesh! (When I saw it, one of the guys actually slipped at one point...he was fine but it sort of put an egde on to it! He just got back up and started again!)

Thats not a new one is it? I saw that a couple of years at the Royal Albert Hall.

Even so, you are right it is indeed fantastic! Some real heart in your mouth moments to! The wheel of death, is just amazing to see in the flesh! (When I saw it, one of the guys actually slipped at one point...he was fine but it sort of put an egde on to it! He just got back up and started again!)

ah no, it's a new tv film, which will get it's UK premiere on ITV tomorrow, Thursday 16th October, miss-read the press release.

Taylor swift would be a good pyramid sub for a massive headliner, but honestly she sells so many records and tour tickets she really is a headline sized act.

Guilty pleasures aside, some of her song writing is great, and she's more talented than some. I reckon she'd only play if she really wanted to do it.

put 3 as everyone else seems to be putting more than 1:

Oasis - Never saw them live despite wanting to for years, then I brought V Festival tickets in Chelmsford the year they were scheduled to Headline, then of course they ended up playing the Stafford leg on the Saturday, had a ruck and then cancelled playing V on the Sunday at Chelmsford :banghead: so the Stafford gig was their last gig, just my luck

Pendulum - Saw them live a few times from 2006-2011 and they are just a good 'lets go crazy' for a bit band, would be good headlining the Other Stage IMO - they have been in hiatus for a couple of years but apparently they are making a new album at the moment to release Early 2015 so it would be fun to see them again

QOTSA - didn't get tickets in 2011 so missed them

Stone Roses would be great, thought they were superb at Heaton. ACDC would be great, yes to Daft Punk but if I had to pick one act then I think it would have to be Depeche Mode.

Been asking for the mode for years and years it seems. Maybe this year.

(and Sleaford Mods - :ninja: Shhh)

Please please please be Depeche Mode. I have never known of them doing a one off concert. But I am hoping that they have got the world tour out the way and are preparing a special set for Glasto. They would absolutely tear up Glastonbury.

Please please please be Depeche Mode. I have never known of them doing a one off concert. But I am hoping that they have got the world tour out the way and are preparing a special set for Glasto. They would absolutely tear up Glastonbury.

They headlined Benicassim when I went in 2006 so no reason they wouldn't play Glastonbury.

They headlined Benicassim when I went in 2006 so no reason they wouldn't play Glastonbury.

Was that not part of the playing the angel tour though? They have headlined festivals in Europe but they have usually been as part of their world tour in promotion of an album. They finished the Delta Machine tour early this year so playing a one off concert at Glastonbury would be something out of the ordinary for them as they usually go in four year cycles.

I suppose playing Glastonbury would be something you would do something different for. But they turned down the opportunity to play in 2009 so it does not seem to be something they are that arsed about unfortunately. I find this kind of ironic as Andrew Fletcher was bemoaning the lack of credit Depeche Mode seem to get in the UK when they appeared on the Johnathan Ross show. But if they are turning down Glastonbury they are not going to get the opportunity to change people perspective of them.

Edited by eastynh

I guess. I am just too bone idle to hunt down new music now.

Most of the "new bands" I like I've discovered on this forum!

I wouldnt have a clue where else to go.

This sounds like me, I've checked out plenty of stuff recommended on this forum in recent years and most of my finds have come from this source. I put it down to my advancing years.

PULP, Need pulp there so we can relive the epic 1995 show. Nothing IMO has compared to pulp in 1995. For those that werent there? watch it on youtube. Jarvis is a true showman, and when you mix that with good music. you have something special.

HAIL JARVIS COCKER

I'd like Mick Jones, either solo or playing a bunch of Clash covers with Justice Tonight. Probably highly unlikely though.

I'd love that too, be brilliant either way. Yeah but as you say, doubtful really. What is Mick up to these days? His he working with any bands?

Scary how so?

From most realistic to least:

Lamb

Fleetwood Mac

Bowie

Floyd....... we can but dream, despite what's been lost along the way

Very excited by the lamb potential with a new album about to be released, terrified - utterly beyond trembling fear terrified - of the possible clash right there if FM/Bowie are there too

I saw Lamb about 5 years ago at the big chill, waves of bass so powerful you could feel it physically moving you. They played gorecki and won't ever forget the sight of the un-miked bass player singing his heart out as tears rolled down his face......almost brought tears to my eyes.......

Floyd would be my ultimate but will of course never happen. Saw Gilmour join Waters at the O2 a couple of years ago....that did actually brought tears to my eyes!

How about Zepplin?

Probably Kanye West. But that'll never happen.

Terrible taste most people here will probably suggest. But he's sure to put on an epic headlining set if he was ever given the opportunity.

Actually writing this, im now not sure. Maybe Prince would do a better job. Just as self-indulgent, more broad appeal.

But I'll still stick with Kanye. Cause I like rap in a stadium scenario.

Actually Bowie would be better than those two. That'll definitely never happen again. I guess I'd just like a legend.

So my predictable list of sole artists I want to play is:

Kanye

Prince

Bowie

McCartney

Led Zep

Pink Floyd

The Smiths

Queen

Daft Punk

But on a realistic tip, I'll settle for New Zealand band The Chills. I guess new music doesn't do it for me enough to pick one modern artist I'd be excited about playing. Except Kanye.

Though on a serious tip, my list is lame cause my two favourite live bands are dead. The Clash and Beastie Boys. Gotta move on, but its hard..