Fleetwood Mac 2015

Matt42

I wonder if all the people saying 'Michael always lies' would be saying that if he said they were playing. :lol:

I would think it kinda sad that they haven't played after all that's gone on but if they just don't wanna, then fair enough.

Was it ever said whether they were officially booked and had to pull out for John's treatment? I'd find it kinda poor form if they had an open invite after that and said "thanks but we'll tour instead".

I know Ladbrookes had betting open recently(ish), tho i've no idea if it still is.

Be careful that you note all the terms - it's often the case that the bet is for a band to headline on a particular day.

And good luck. :)

(I'll only be betting if I have a sure-thing again :P)

I asked the reporter on twitter where he got the odds from and he got a little upset.

So I rang William Hill who didn't seem too impressed with NME as they aren't offering any odds on Glasto at the moment....so NME do tell lies!

Fleetwood Mac it is! Ha!

I asked the reporter on twitter where he got the odds from and he got a little upset.

So I rang William Hill who didn't seem too impressed with NME as they aren't offering any odds on Glasto at the moment....so NME do tell lies!

Fleetwood Mac it is! Ha!

the Glasto betting go on and off like a yo-yo. I think it's probably the case that each time they open it they get a lot of bets on just one act which worries them, but just enough money on other acts for them to open it again at another time - when money might mostly go on a completely different act.

The only time i've known him say a band wasn't playing that was was Pulp a few years ago - tho it's possible he didn't actually know they were playing, as it was a supposedly-secret set on The Park.

he may not have said a band specifically, but:

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/72445

Speaking at the AIM Awards in central London last night (September 2), Eavis told NME: "Next year's headliners are more or less in place. They're three bands who haven't played Glastonbury, and that's important. There aren't many bands left who haven't played the festival, and before we run out I'd like to persuade the ones on my wish list to come down. I think I've managed that with these three."

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/72445#KgpGULq0PAdqPG2I.99

we got Arcade Fire, who had played before, and Kasabian, who had played before.

when eavis said last year 3 bands headlining who not played before, he could change that round to 3 bands who havent headlined before

now he says fmac 'arent available' and have 3 headliners booked, he could change that round to they 'became available' and have 3 'headliner worthy' bands already booked...basically believe nothing until neil efests is definite or official announcement

this is worse than football transfer gossip!

I think that is more of a case of overstating negotiations than out right lying, more of a case of " We hope to get Prince, Metallica and Stone Roses" but for various reasons it doesn't work out.

Yep. As a result of that quote someone told me to stop believing what Michael says, tho I do think it's a bit different when he's choosing to rule someone out rather than bigging up what they might have.