Fleetwood Mac 2015

Matt42

What have Micks comments been ive seen Micheals?

Some Fleetwood Mac fan site reported from a Q&A, saying that Mick said Glastonbury was a good prospect for the band, but they were unlikely to do it in 2015 because of touring commitments. I think he mentioned possibly doing it as a 'one off' in the future.

Not the most reputable of sources, but I have no reason to see why they'd lie.

It could mean anything really,they're fed up with talking about it so time to move on or still trying to keep it under wraps.

I'm not hopeful though it's not looking good to me

Thing is, Michael has to give some sort of answer to the people who keep asking him about Fleetwood Mac. A 'no' would be the easiest way of deflecting those questions, without it necessarily being true.

If FM were to play next year it would be the least-surprising headliner for many many years, so perhaps the 'no' is a way of making it a bigger surprise when it's announced (if it's going to be announced).

Also, FM have UK dates for next spring/summer to announce and sell at some point soon, so an agreement with Eavis for them both to be saying 'no' until an agreed Glasto announcement date would make good sense.

OK, I know i'm clutching at straws, but there's something about this one that has me thinking that they're trying to scam us to keep us in the dark.

Why they wouldn't want to do it is a mystery, a new album coming out and the fact they have been teasing us for the last three years you'd think they would feel obliged to do it.

Gits!

Yep, tho it's always possible that the commercial reality of doing it (lost fees from other shows) has hit home, and it's the money they want.

But this is a gig that Mick's been pushing for personally, and with him having managed the band in the past then surely he'd have long ago grasped everything about the restrictive clauses that promoters like to have?

I saw that on Breakfast, tho wasn't really expecting them to ask.

But 6music, that's a different thing! They'd have definitely asked unless they'd be requested not to.

could they not have been asked not to because the band were getting sick of being asked about playing a festival they're not playing? could go either way i guess

could they not have been asked not to because the band were getting sick of being asked about playing a festival they're not playing? could go either way i guess

Yeah, it's quite normal for an interviewer to be asked to keep on the subject that the 'star' has put himself up to be interviewed about - in this case it was about Mick's book. In other instances it might be the latest album, a new tour, whatever.

Unfortunately i missed the second half of the interview so I don't know how far away from the book things might have strayed, but Scottie was listening to it all so I've heard of the lack of a Glasto question.

I'm clinging to Neil's hunch that its possible we are being temporarily scammed by both Eavis and FM until an agreed time. When the UK/Europe tour dates are released, that should give a very good clue as to whether there is a Glasto hole in the schedule.

6 Music were asked not to ask that question for a reason and if Mick was really bored of being asked, it would have been a good opportunity to put it to bed once and for all. Negotiations still on going is my guess (hope).

Mate went to his book reading/q+a in Liverpool on Tuesday night (couldn't go as I was working) glasto got brought up and mick said something along the lines of being unavailable next year but not for the lack of desire in doing it at some point. (FYI he also said if you held a gun to his head he prefers the peter green incarnation of the band)

Mate went to his book reading/q+a in Liverpool on Tuesday night (couldn't go as I was working) glasto got brought up and mick said something along the lines of being unavailable next year but not for the lack of desire in doing it at some point. (FYI he also said if you held a gun to his head he prefers the peter green incarnation of the band)

same as what eacis said, am still hoping this can be changed to 'now available following changing a few things' it realy does sound like contract negotiatings on their actual tour

i mean why WOULDNT they be available??

same as what eacis said, am still hoping this can be changed to 'now available following changing a few things' it realy does sound like contract negotiatings on their actual tour

i mean why WOULDNT they be available??

Maybe because they are booked to play in some other european city that weekend. They are due to annouce a massive europe tour soon, and it's very likely this is the case.

They aren't the sort of band to fly over (U2 style) in the middle of a tour.

I was still thinking they would play and it was a case of annoucing the tour first to sell tickets etc. Now, with Mick not even flickering when asked, it is looking rather unlikely.