Fleetwood Mac 2015

Matt42

According to Mick Fleetwood during one of his meet-and-greets, FM are NOT playing.

But take that with the usual big pinch of salt, as we have heard similar from many acts over the years.

Where did you hear this from?

Maybe they're not playing, but if they are I very much doubt Mick would have said so. Especially if they are going to be doing a UK arena tour.

According to Mick Fleetwood during one of his meet-and-greets, FM are NOT playing.

But take that with the usual big pinch of salt, as we have heard similar from many acts over the years.

That's exactly what an act who's playing would say. It's also what an act who isn't playing would say. It means nothing

Here's the discussion on the FM forum: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=42897&page=6

Two separate posters confirm it was said. All of them seem to think the band would be foolish to turn it down.

Hmmm ... there's some wrong assumptions amongst that about Glasto, so there's the possibility that the assumptions from Mick's words are wrong too.

I'm pretty sure he was denying they'd play previously - until he finally said they weren't playing and it was him who'd started the rumours that they were. So playing games with people isn't beyond him.

But who knows? I doubt they'd be many more opportunities for them to do it, just because of their own limited activity as a band.

Seems weird, I'd still be surprised if it didn't happen though.

Mick's 'maybe another time' comment makes no sense, Christine McVie is 71! Older than Jagger and Richards were when the Stones did it, and that was very much a 'last chance saloon' thing. With John McVie's cancer scare last year, you'd have thought that they'd 'get on with it', so to speak. There's no guarantee they'd all be well enough to do the festival in future.

Neil, at one point leading up to 2014 you thought Mick Fleetwood was going to play with his band, and yet that didn't come to fruition. Was there ever any reasoning to go with that? Just wondering whether they may have packed the Glastonbury idea in quite a while ago...

Edited by GlastoSimon

Maybe they just don't view Glastonbury as that big a deal

Perhaps not, but these comments...

It would be a great experience for the band, but it was a big deal and a big undertaking. He said they might do it one year that they weren't touring as a one time gig.

..would suggest otherwise. Of course, the first two could obviously be general PR spin. But the comment about possibly doing it as a one time gig (if correct) surely suggests it would be a big thing for them?

I think i've said this in other FM threads previously but I really can't see them playing Glastonbury if they're gonna tour Europe, especially if they decide to play stadiums.

There's too much money in it for them to risk potential sales.

Their previous tour ticket prices shot up to £130 max after previously being £60 max in 2009.

I think I picked a pair up on ebay for the MEN for £60 in 2009.

Their stock wasn't so high back then but has shoot up massively recently and adding Christine McVie back into the band give us FM fans who have seen them twice in 5 years already the added incentive to see the classic line up.

I just hope Mick gets out-voted if it comes down to a majority decision within the band.

Edited by chrislfc

Neil, at one point leading up to 2014 you thought Mick Fleetwood was going to play with his band, and yet that didn't come to fruition. Was there ever any reasoning to go with that?

I heard from what should have been a good source that it was going to happen.

While I don't know why it didn't, my guess is that it was definitely on the cards at one point, rather than the source having completely fake info.

Wonder why they don't play more of Tusk live. Lindsey Buckingham's songs from that album are pretty much the only Fleetwood Mac I really love. The Ledge, What makes you think you're the one, Nothing That Funny, Think about me (McVie, but a weirder song that never gets played live)..

Edited by HGavin

Wonder why they don't play more of Tusk live. Lindsey Buckingham's songs from that album are pretty much the only Fleetwood Mac I really love. The Ledge, What makes you think you're the one, Nothing That Funny, Think about me (McVie, but a weirder song that never gets played live)..

They should play Tusk," in its entirety, with the pauses as Lindsay Buckingham intended! If they play Glastonbury

• Upvote 1

They should play Tusk," in its entirety, with the pauses as Lindsay Buckingham intended! If they play Glastonbury

Can't see that. It'd just be the same Greatest Hits setlist they're doing on tour surely. Most of the crowd would be there for The Chain/Dreams/Landslide/Go Your Own Way/Don't Stop/Songbird so if they played too many album tracks in a row without any of those six breaking things up then people would start to drift away.