Thanks for the idea, Dental.

So, we have:

Friday:

Pyramid: Radiohead / Foals / Beck / ZZ Top / Ice Cube

Other: Disclosure / Bastille 

Saturday:

Pyramid: Adele / Ellie Goulding / The Last Shadow Puppets 

Other: New Order / Kendrick Lamar

West Holts: Sigur Rós (no space elsewhere so Eavis put them on WH)

Sunday:

Pyramid: Coldplay / Muse / Tame Impala / Jeff Lynne's ELO 

Other: LCD Soundsystem / Bring Me The Horizon / PJ Harvey 

There's absolutely no way Muse and Coldplay will play on the same day...

10 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

There's absolutely no way Muse and Coldplay will play on the same day...

The prediction wasn't serious but as FloorFiller says Neil has had info that Muse are subbing Coldplay (obviously you'd expect it'd be billed as a 4th headliner, which was actually going to happen with Coldplay on 2009 but they bailed). Im not expecting it to happen, and it was just a lineup trying to fit in all the good rumoured/likely acts.

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Neil has had info that may hint to the contrary (although does seem rather unbelievable) 

even I've said it sounds unbelievable..

That's the problem with it - it sounds so unbelievable, why would anyone have made it up? They'd look an idiot.

Which then has me thinking there might be something to it after all. ;)

As I got that bit of info at around the same time that someone else told me Radiohead would be playing, the idea that Muse might be playing elsewhere on the bill allows Radiohead to headline, and so dove-tails those two bits of info together nicely .... but it's still the case that either or both bits of info might not be true.

It's more likely bollocks than true, but you never know.

Edited by eFestivals

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

even I've said it sounds unbelievable..

That's the problem with it - it sounds so unbelievable, why would anyone have made it up? They'd look an idiot.

Which then has me thinking there might be something to it after all. ;)

As I got that bit of info at around the same time that someone else told me Radiohead would be playing, the idea that Muse might be playing elsewhere on the bill allows Radiohead to headline, and so dove-tails those two bits of info together nicely .... but it's still the case that either or both bits of info might not be true.

It's more likely bollocks than true, but you never know.

Yeah the fact that it's such a weird thing for somebody who's supposed to be in the know about this kind of stuff to say is the one smidgen of hope I have for it. The fact that the Radiohead bit came at a similar time is the icing on the cake, as one bit of info being wrong is fine, but two from totally different sources that are somehow connected? Less likely.. or at least I hope

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah the fact that it's such a weird thing for somebody who's supposed to be in the know about this kind of stuff to say is the one smidgen of hope I have for it. The fact that the Radiohead bit came at a similar time is the icing on the cake, as one bit of info being wrong is fine, but two from totally different sources that are somehow connected? Less likely.. or at least I hope

They're not connected, tho.

They *can* be dovetailed together, but nothing of that means they *are* dovetailed together.

Without anything further to verify or dismiss either bit of info they remain hanging there as a possibility, but that's all.

On 2/23/2016 at 11:28 AM, Callum_96 said:

I need this in my life, Kendrick at Glastonbury would top everything! I'm just waiting for the inevitable news that he's clashing with Radiohead

im seeing radiohead 2 weeks later at NOS so it wont be the worst thing in the world but i still want to see them at glastonbury once in my life! so would be gutted.

23 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

Beck into foals into radiohead would be incredible
Kendrick into Sigur Ros legendary
and to finish off with LCD would be amazing

this! except after kendrick would definitely be staying around for new order

foals into radiohead is too much. some of my favourite songs all on one sunny pyramid evening... late night, spanish sahara, nude, reckoner etc 

although it looks like BMTH for other sunday (I won't be anywhere near)

LCD closing instead would be perfect

1 hour ago, northernbro said:

this! except after kendrick would definitely be staying around for new order

foals into radiohead is too much. some of my favourite songs all on one sunny pyramid evening... late night, spanish sahara, nude, reckoner etc 

although it looks like BMTH for other sunday (I won't be anywhere near)

LCD closing instead would be perfect

yeah BMTH is going to happen, I just hope there is explosions in the sky or something on the sunday. The dream would be sufjan but thats not going to happen :(

also the florence kendrick bst is looking incredible now, but knowing bst. you won't get to see any of the smaller acts cause of clashes

1 minute ago, ace56blaa said:

also the florence kendrick bst is looking incredible now, but knowing bst. you won't get to see any of the smaller acts cause of clashes

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I went to BST when Blur were on, as well as all their previous BST incarnations - Wireless and such. It can look like a very strong line up and then you end up missing all the smaller acts because they're on the other stages while the top billed acts are playing the main stage. Like, I bet Cat Power will be high on the second stage, making a Kendrick clash pretty likely. If she clashed with Florence that would be ideal as I'm not bothered about seeing her again. Having said that, I still plan on going. But I'm waiting for the cheap tickets that will inevitably come. 

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Are we to assume that Kamasi will be making a guest appearance with Kendrick then considering he's all over the album? Is certainly hope so

As he's there I'd think so. He doesn't have to escape early to go across Europe either as he's playing London the next day. Also, Thundercat just started announcing European festival shows so it'd be pretty cool if he's doing that in between shows with Kendrick, but I doubt it.

15 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

It's actually quite good at avoiding clashes; 2nd and 3rd stages run against each other but they flip flop with the main stage.

The main clash thing (for me, probably not for others here) is the act that headlines 2nd or 3rd plays in the gap between the two top acts and if you were wanting to get a good spot to hear the main headliner then you're unlikely to get one if you catch one of those headliners.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm expecting y'all to be on high alert for these cheap tickets if they end up happening (and hopefully not during Glastonbury)

Pro-tip would be to book a hotel soon with the assumption you'll get a ticket later on. That's if you'd get a hotel - I don't think I would bother and just go home after.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Pro-tip would be to book a hotel soon with the assumption you'll get a ticket later on. That's if you'd get a hotel - I don't think I would bother and just go home after.

Yeah I doubt I'd get a hotel - would rather just leave early (that is if I'd even have to - finish pretty early don't they?) and get the train home

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I doubt I'd get a hotel - would rather just leave early (that is if I'd even have to - finish pretty early don't they?) and get the train home

Finishes at 10:15 so yeah, but maybe not early enough to get a train home, depending where you go of course. You can easily walk to Victoria coach station before 11 and I think overnight coaches go to quite a lot of cities from there after 11 still.