Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

18 minutes ago, Mardy said:

what do you reckon, will there be cheap tickets available for this if I hold on?

I just checked, and bollocks am I paying 70 fucking sheets for this. I might run to a tenner.

I'll be very tempted if there is £2.50 tix.

Is that actually a thing by the way or just a result of that mishap in 2014? I.e. did it happen last year too?

1 hour ago, GlastoSimon said:

I'll be very tempted if there is £2.50 tix.

Is that actually a thing by the way or just a result of that mishap in 2014? I.e. did it happen last year too?

it happened last year too. 

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/music/british-summer-time-tickets-for-blur-the-strokes-and-kylie-in-hyde-park-sold-for-charity-donations-10323789.html

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Christ. Moving on...

Essence Festival have poured hot doubt all over hopes of the BST exclusivity falling through. He's doing that festival in New Orleans on the 30th June or something, and he has no European dates before that, and all European dates the few weeks after that.

For fuck's sake. So it's looking like the only UK festival you can see Kendrick Lamar this year is a glorified Florence gig, and our government isn't doing a thing to stop it. I did not vote for this world.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Christ. Moving on...

Essence Festival have poured hot doubt all over hopes of the BST exclusivity falling through. He's doing that festival in New Orleans on the 30th June or something, and he has no European dates before that, and all European dates the few weeks after that.

Well shit, that's that then. Looks like I'm really gonna have to try and make it to that London show

23 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

If the Strokes gig last year is anything to go by, tickets will being resold very cheap - managed to pick up a ticket for £30, though obviously was too dumb to wait for the £2 tickets.

£30 would do me just fine, although obviously £2 would be preferable

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

How long do we think Kendrilck is gonna get at this thing? I know Flo is the main attraction but it seems like they're pushing Kendrick as a sort of second headliner

I'd expect Kendrick to get an hour. Maybe 75 mins if you're very lucky...

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

How long do we think Kendrilck is gonna get at this thing? I know Flo is the main attraction but it seems like they're pushing Kendrick as a sort of second headliner

They're being billed as co-headliners aren't they?

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It looks that way on a lot of the promotional stuff but I wasn't sure if that was actually the case

I'd say it's that way - FATM 21:30-23:00, Kendrick 20:00 - 21:15, Jamie XX 18:30-19:30, Cat Power 17:00-17:45?

More or less guaranteed that he'll get 75 minutes. That seems to be his normal festival set length and also they dish those longer sets out quite often when possible - particularly on weekends when there's about eight hours to fill on the main stage. It'll be early though because of the curfew; I think he'd be finished at 8.