Foo Fighters

Brave Sir Robin

This is not so daft and how good would it be!

1 week before: https://fireflyfestival.com/lineup/

It could add up.

That's in the States, it neither proves nor disproves anything with regards to them coming over here to play Glastonbury.

And how can Glasto be happy with Metallica when they are headlining Sonisphere just 1 week later, hardly exclusive...

When have Glastonbury ever really cared that much about exclusivity? The majority of their main stage headliners are never exclusive. Metallica would create headlines regardless, much more so than when they headline Download/Soni because for Glastonbury, it's something entirely different.

I know everyone is convinced it is Metallica, but this kind of makes more sense

No it doesn't.

plus, I would much prefer it!

Well, if you'd prefer it then it must be a done deal. It all adds up. :rolleyes:

Foo fighters are the worst of the worst for me. Bland music, fronted by an absolute hard-on. Id take Metallica a million times over these turds.

I fail to see how they can be differentiated from Nickelback, who are widely ridiculed.

This is the most accurate assessment of a band I've ever read.

Foo Fighters are pure gash.

Was extremely boredbythem at leeds in 2012, 3hrs was just too much for, whati can only describe myself as a 'partial' fan, I think in terms of the 'heavy', Metallica will certainly pulls crowds in through sheer integrity, as well as the usual draws IMO.

A lot of people will be wondering if they'll do a job or not, but two bands of the same style, when otherwise previously untested, well, I'm not sure!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tickets are £50 and I doubt they'd get their usual set time so probably not worth going just for them

My thoughts exatly, if it was a proper Foo Fighters show going on I'd jump at it...but the rest of the line up...meh!

Plus it'd be cool to go a gig in the Olympic Park and I've not been yet. (Hopefully this is a bit of a test bed for next year and Live Nation moving back there.)

Yeah went to kasabian at hard rock calling there last year and that was well organised. Astro turf standing area was pretty cool and sound was decent. Long walk from the train station though but maybe they'll move it to a different part of the park for others.

It's being broadcast on BBC so will be able to check out what it's like from that

the fact that Glasto don't actually usually approach bands of this major a size?

"Excuse me, you're one of the biggest bands in the world. Do you fancy forgetting about your usual fee, and playing for a few quid instead?" ;)

Isn't that exactly what they've done successfully, time after time with acts like Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney and (probably) Dolly Parton? But going back to the original context, I don't think they're in the business of asking huge bands to play Other, that would have been a fluke occurrence if it had happened with Metallica.

One listen to 'Big Me' or 'Everlong' ought to put you right.

I've just listened to both of those songs and I'm still waiting for them to start. Dreary, dreary music. Dave's a nice guy though.