OASIS?

Guest daviesjack

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I'd quite like to see Oasis, although I'm not even sure why. On the other hand, they really piss me off and from what I've seen/heard are shit live anyway.

Time will tell. In the 3 years I've gone, I've never found myself spending so much time wondering who on earth one of the headliners could be. I quite like it, it's exciting.

Sod 'em. I'm still waiting for some money back from the time I was at V and they cancelled when they spilt. Never pressed it because it meant James were bumped up the running order and got an extra 20 minutes and they did this with some helium balloons.

Would probably see them if they played though just 'cos I love a singalong and that's lacking with the headliners so far this year

Edited by PaulieV

Sod 'em. I'm still waiting for some money back from the time I was at V and they cancelled when they spilt. Never pressed it because it meant James were bumped up the running order and got an extra 20 minutes and they did this with some helium balloons.

Would probably see them if they played though just 'cos I love a singalong and that's lacking with the headliners so far this year

Edited by Dan R

Kasabian and Oasis at the same festival would be hideous, they'd have to expand the festival to fit in all the massive egos and I can hear people chanting their "anthems" now, aaaaaaaahhhhhhh AHHHHHH NOOOooooOOOO, please GOD nOOOOOoooo!!

"AAAANNNDD BAAABBBY, YOU'RE GONNAAAAA BEEEE THEE ONE THAT SAAAAVVVVEEESS MEEEE..."

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Just on the "conspiracy theory"

Yes, No doesn't equal Definitely Maybe. At all.

On Oasis, they were way past their best before they split, and it's way to soon for a nostalgia based reformation (I saw the end of their 2009 show at V, awful). I suppose I am perpetuating the hype by even responding in the thread really but suffice to say, please god noasis for Glastonbury.

Metallica or bust!

Kasabian and Oasis at the same festival would be hideous, they'd have to expand the festival to fit in all the massive egos and I can hear people chanting their "anthems" now, aaaaaaaahhhhhhh AHHHHHH NOOOooooOOOO, please GOD nOOOOOoooo!!

"AAAANNNDD BAAABBBY, YOU'RE GONNAAAAA BEEEE THEE ONE THAT SAAAAVVVVEEESS MEEEE..."

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

That was probably more entertaining. I was at the site they did play and it was possibly the worst headline set I've ever seen. Never seen a less enthused band, wasn't shocked in the slightest that they haven't played together since. Actually felt sad afterwards.

Also, hasn't LG hinted lots that he wants Oasis to reform, but NG was the one who quit and is doing pretty well for himself solo, can't see why he'd want the money or want to re-join.

The same as many comments here; I am a huge Noel Gallagher fan, Oasis 1994-about 2000. Once Bonehead left and Liam's voice went, they became a bit of a parody of themselves.

Most of the songs sound better when Noel sings them (they're almost all his songs anyway) and I can't be bothered with Liam.

I'd much rather Noel and his Birds did an Other Stage set.

I'd put money on it not happening, but if it did, it wouldn't be the absolute disaster many here are alluding to it being. Let's not forget, in their prime, away from all the hype and twatty behaviour, they're responsible for some pretty great songs and at least two really good, very influential albums. The only thing that would stop me from being genuinely thrilled would be how volatile the whole thing would be. I'd be nervous that they'd not keep it together and Liam would either act like a right dick or Noel would get all precious, as they both tend to do.

Anyway, not happening either way.

They'll reform when Noel wants it, and it will be to do with status rather than money, however I wouldn't overestimate the current status of his solo project. It's mainly been a success by rehashing old Oasis demos and doing Oasis covers (at least Beady Eye made a fist of trying to be a different band before reducing themselves to that) and I suspect that he's never going to headline festivals or play massive concerts. When he gets the urge to do that one more time they'll get back together.