OASIS?

Guest daviesjack

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liam is obviously short of cash, and has decided to release a new Beady Eye album under the Oasis name... ;)

EDIT: In all seriousness, the only possible reason I could see them reforming to play Pilton would be if they wished to drum up even more interest. Play an event with no tickets available, live on the BBC, and then sell multiple nights at [Venue X] in August or whenever.

One thing is for sure, if they do reform it will piss all over The Libertines' parade.

Another thing is for sure, Kasabian and Oasis in the same year would probably cause the site to implode with lad-rock-ness.

Edited by GlastoSimon

other than some kind of want to finally 'nail it' (which if i recall, Noel doesn't think they have), but i can't really see them sitting down and saying 'we HAVE to do Glastonbury and we HAVE to get it right this time'. i doubt they give a shit, so yeah, no real benefit for them

I disagree. Primetime BBC coverage? More headlines than you could shake a stick at?

Oasis is a band from the previous generation. They might have been big in the mid-late 90s, but that was a long, long time ago. Their last decent album is getting on for 20 years ago. They'd be foolish to assume they could just walk into a stadium tour or an endless string of high paying gigs. Two or three, yes, but if they do it, they'd maximise it for income, and the exclusivity and publicity of a well-executed Glastonbury headline spot would have the naysayers queueing up to relive the magic, I reckon.

To me, it makes a lot of sense that they'd start a comeback - even a limited nostalgia tour - with a headline slot at the world's biggest Festival. It does make sense.

I disagree. Primetime BBC coverage? More headlines than you could shake a stick at?

Oasis is a band from the previous generation. They might have been big in the mid-late 90s, but that was a long, long time ago. Their last decent album is getting on for 20 years ago. They'd be foolish to assume they could just walk into a stadium tour or an endless string of high paying gigs. Two or three, yes, but if they do it, they'd maximise it for income, and the exclusivity and publicity of a well-executed Glastonbury headline spot would have the naysayers queueing up to relive the magic, I reckon.

To me, it makes a lot of sense that they'd start a comeback - even a limited nostalgia tour - with a headline slot at the world's biggest Festival. It does make sense.

I'm not a betting man, but as much as I'd waaaay rather see Oasis than Metalica... I'm confident it will be metalica. The Gallaghers are too high risk and have said some grim things about Glasto over the last few years. If they wanted dosh they could sell out Heaton Park as someone has already said.

The Liam set last year was a good omen and went down well - but I dont think anything this big could have been kept under wraps this tightly.

(n)oasis.

Unfortunately.