Setlist-based Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

Indeed, with my mental faculties I have to look at old programmes and clashfinders just to work out what I'd seen that year ;)

I did see Patti, but missed the start as I was too lazy to go out in the rain, I'm simply not as intrepid as the other efesty folk these days!   :girlcray:

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started this up again for this year right here.

TBCs first, which gives us a nice eclectic opening one-two of ZZ Top and Grimes. The other two TBCs, Mister Tooley and The Swingers, aren't on Spotify (at least I don't think any of the acts called 'The Swingers' on Spotify are the right ones).

Then SRs: headliners in order of confidence, Coldplay, Muse and Adele (despite Neil's recent comments about the Foos). Then other SRs in rough order of size: The 1975, Swim Deep, Turin Brakes, Fisherman's Friends, and Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Seats; plus Midland from @Cieran's chat with him (see the Electronica/Dance thread).

To be updated as we get more. As always any comments or suggestions for improvement welcome.

Cheers chaps. I actually got a small 'shout out' last year from Bare Knuckle Parade during their Avalon set for "including" them. I don't think they realised that everyone's on there! Although tbf they were one of the earlier ones, and it seems it did at least nudge @Pbird81 in their direction.

Added Bring Me The Horizon to the playlist - not sure why eFests have put them down from SR to R but @Steel city camper's tip off puts them back up again in my eyes. Not for me but glad to have some heavier rock to help mix it up.

19 hours ago, TheBurns said:

Followed.

Thanks again man! Last year that was all I listened to for about 3 months leading up to the festival

Me too - and yet, as it ended up lasting almost a week, 3 months solid listening would have only allowed you to hear the whole thing 12 times!

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

That's not what I said.

The Canada show makes it look less likely that they're playing, it doesn't stop them from playing.

Did you see someone on here yday claiming they new a couple of people close to the band and that they'd definitely be playing? I asked them to ask what day or stage, they didn't have many posts though so it's hard to tell if it's true

53 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Did you see someone on here yday claiming they new a couple of people close to the band and that they'd definitely be playing? I asked them to ask what day or stage, they didn't have many posts though so it's hard to tell if it's true

I did, but as you say it's impossible to know it's true or not.

That's meant as no slur on that poster, it's me working from the fact that around 50% of the claims of particular bands playing made here this early tend to be wrong.

57 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't do spotify, but I'd be interested to know what of Attila's you found on there to include. He's not the sort of act I thought would end up with stuff there.

Don't do Spotify? It's free and will play from inside your browser (no need to download anything), you should give it a go.

It's pretty comprehensive these days. For Attila they've got the following albums:

Ranting at the Nation (1983)

Sawdust and Empire (2006)

Disestablished 1980 (2011)

Live In Norway (2013)

Bankers & Looters (2013)

Laureate: The Very Best of (2013)

Plus various tracks on compilations. I included 3 tracks mentioned in a review of a recent show of his.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin