What it says in the title - rather than personal picks or Spotify's 'Top Tracks' or whatever, these are the songs each act has actually been playing live most over the past year or two, identified using Setlist.fm and additional Googling.  Gives a better indication of what they're going to sound like live IMO.  5 tracks per artist, in poster order (once the poster is with us), otherwise TBCs/SRs/people I'm confident about.  It's certainly been an education putting it together, and I hope some of you give it a listen and find it useful:

Glastonbury 2016

Previous years:

Glastonbury 2015

Glasto 2014

Glasto 2013

Any suggestions for improvements welcome...

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Upvote 18

Good work, I'd been starting to do something kind of similar, so will have a look and give thoughts on anything to add.

Thanks for that! Been listening to it while decorating today. It's a great start to my Glastonbury research.

Cheers all! Glad you're finding it useful. I'm finding plenty of good stuff I didn't know before. Sticking it on random shows just what an incredible range of styles is on offer - can't believe it's all going to be squeezed into 3/4 days!

Is there a way you can download from Spotify and play this from an ipod? Is that what premium subscription lets you do? This play list looks amazing-must have taken hours to put together-great effort!!

Top effort wenevertried!

Is there a way you can download from Spotify and play this from an ipod? Is that what premium subscription lets you do? This play list looks amazing-must have taken hours to put together-great effort!!

I don't know that much about it, but I think with premium you can take store stuff on a phone or an ipod touch - but you do need a wifi connection so other types of ipod won't work.

And cheers, the playlist certainly did take a while to put together but it was really enjoyable learning about and listening to everyone on the lineup - an incredible array of talent - and it's now the perfect research tool for finding new acts that I want to see (and some I definitely don't want to!) - as well as a bloody great collection of music.

Top effort wenevertried!

Cheers! That reminds me, must change this awful username...

With a premium account you can download playlists to your ipad, iphone, device or computer. At the top right of the playlist is a tab that can be switched to play offline. Turn this on and Spotify will download the songs to your computer.

Be careful as really large playlists will easily eat up all the memory on your device. You can get around this be changing the quality of the audio from low medium or extreme. I have mine set on extreme for best quality however this takes up the most space.

Was about to embark on this myself then discovered a far superior playlist than I'd ever have had the wherewithal to compile.

Nice work!

Kudos to you, sir.

Got this on shuffle. Lovely stuff.

One question - is there any particular reason why Skrillex is included?

Never have I clicked next with such haste...

Got this on shuffle. Lovely stuff.

One question - is there any particular reason why Skrillex is included?

Never have I clicked next with such haste...

There are a couple of Skrillex tracks in there because 'Dog Blood' who are playing, are a collaboration between him and 'Boys Noize', and they've only got 2 tracks out as a duo. They played some Skrillex stuff at Coachella. It ain't my cup of tea either! But happily there's lots on there that is.

And thanks for the kudos, glad you're enjoying. I've just added the Acoustic Field acts now named on the official site (including the London Community Gospel Choir!), and have been adding the various other self-confirmations as they've come out: Glasto 2013.

There are a couple of Skrillex tracks in there because 'Dog Blood' who are playing, are a collaboration between him and 'Boys Noize', and they've only got 2 tracks out as a duo. They played some Skrillex stuff at Coachella. It ain't my cup of tea either! But happily there's lots on there that is.

And thanks for the kudos, glad you're enjoying. I've just added the Acoustic Field acts now named on the official site (including the London Community Gospel Choir!), and have been adding the various other self-confirmations as they've come out: Glasto 2013.

I see. Good chance they'll both be playing elsewhere throughout the weekend, then. Which is good as I'd be up for seeing Boys Noize.

Do you know if the playlist update automatically? Or do I have to follow it each time you make changes?

I see. Good chance they'll both be playing elsewhere throughout the weekend, then. Which is good as I'd be up for seeing Boys Noize.

Do you know if the playlist update automatically? Or do I have to follow it each time you make changes?

You just click 'follow' once then the playlist will update for you automatically (I'm not sure if it updates live, but it'll be updated every time you open it up). I'm adding acts as I hear about them, think I've got everyone so far but if I'm missing anyone please let me know.

You just click 'follow' once then the playlist will update for you automatically (I'm not sure if it updates live, but it'll be updated every time you open it up). I'm adding acts as I hear about them, think I've got everyone so far but if I'm missing anyone please let me know.

Sweet! Yea, having followed the list, it seems to update automatically when I load Spotify. Happy days.

Great work thank you. Been enjoying listening and finding new bands.

No worries, glad you're finding it useful. Today I've added the latest self-confirmations: wonderful Danes Pinkunoizu, Honkeyfinger, Ben & Lex, and Hip Route.

Do let me know if you spot anything missing or wrong:

Glasto 2013

No worries, glad you're finding it useful. Today I've added the latest self-confirmations: wonderful Danes Pinkunoizu, Honkeyfinger, Ben & Lex, and Hip Route.

Do let me know if you spot anything missing or wrong:

Glasto 2013

Maceo Plex confirmed playing on the Silver Hayes Facebook page.

Amazing, thank you! I started making playlists for every stage but quickly got bored. This is far more extensive.

Stick it on shuffle, new music ahoy. Thanks again!!