Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

rumblestripe old son how did you find it i hope i didnt cause offence this time

You didn't cause offence last time fella.

Just puzzlement.

You not only hated Jools (not a fan myself but I can "tune him out") but just about everything on the show which led to me asking why bother. I haven't seen this weeks so have no comment to make, I generally watch the longer Friday version. (Also no work the following day allows a beer or two if the moods takes.)

Have a good week dood.

13 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

You didn't cause offence last time fella.

Just puzzlement.

You not only hated Jools (not a fan myself but I can "tune him out") but just about everything on the show which led to me asking why bother. I haven't seen this weeks so have no comment to make, I generally watch the longer Friday version. (Also no work the following day allows a beer or two if the moods takes.)

Have a good week dood.

back at ya old son ......i dont know what it is about jools but you know when some thing gets ya ..he gets me lol only thing wores than jools is that band the DARKNESSSSS god hate them buggers lol only band ive HAD to walk away from and i wasnt even at the stage i was at the cider bus but that was near enough lol

On 26/04/2016 at 10:37 PM, Waapster said:

Enjoyed tonight but would like Baaba Maal to have cast of the shackle of Mumfords.

I've had a tough year so far with two close family bereavements and was really very upset about Bowie (who went between the family members). So I didn't shed a tear for Prince. 

Then Gregory Porter sang Purple Rain. Not even the best cover I've heard, but it caught me...

I loved porter singing the tiny little purple man's song. Caught me too

15 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

WTF is with Gregory Porter and that hat? Has he got sticky out ears or something? Can't be comfy and he looks a right window licking dick. 

I believe I read there is some medical issue with his skin. regardless. never call out someone, anyone, as a "window licking dick" even if you are in full possession of the facts. It's not nice. Not right.

On 26/04/2016 at 9:56 AM, 4AssedMonkey said:

Have to say, I love what I've heard of the new Field Music album.  Always kind of liked them, but never really been grabbed by it.  The 3 tracks off the new album have all been great pop songs - Disappointed is particularly good.  On my "might see" list this year.

Field Music have some solid tunes but I've got to say they are very dull live. One of the singers' voices was fucked when I saw them but, regardless, I don't think they put on a particularly exciting show.

That Lumineers song sounds like an out take from the last record.

Underworld, Jesus... like someone slipped Paul Weller a dodgy Pepsi and he's making something inspired up as his nephew plays a 90s video game soundtrack.

• Upvote 3

The knob twiddler with Underworld. He reminds me of me at work, looks busy, has convinced people he is vital and very good at his job but I suspect actually does very little.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was updating TheThingy halfway through that.

Edited by Gnomicide

Turned on halfway through and caught Lumineers and Underworlds last song, so il have to get it on catch up!

Was different to see Born Slippy performed in a bit more of a chilled out manner, I guess Jools Hollands set isn't really the place to be legging it round shouting "Lager, Lager, Lager" on a Tuesday night.

Just watched the two Underworld tracks. I can't wait for these like, never seen them, and got a feeling they could be the highlight of the festival. Really like their new album as well.

55 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Just watched the two Underworld tracks. I can't wait for these like, never seen them, and got a feeling they could be the highlight of the festival. Really like their new album as well.

I can see them being the highlight for me too, have always loved them, saw them in March and since they announced Glastonbury I have been so excited about seeing them again! 

On 26/04/2016 at 10:32 PM, guypjfreak said:

.........nice start a tribute to prince fair play ..

mumfords......and the whole of the world it seems

...grumble grumble grumble...

nice show that .......rumblestripe old son how did you find it i hope i didnt cause offence this tim ............................................................................and if i did .unlucky lol

Now then Guy lad! Nope no offence this time either!

I think we must have diametrically opposite tastes in music though as I found it was all rather, well... meh.

Though I did enjoy the Baaba Maal and Mumfords All World All Stars noodling without finding it terribly memorable. Gregory Porter always leaves me inexplicably cold which is odd as I'm partial to some Soul Music but I always seem to think "great voice but find a song". Field Music I sort of liked but not as much as I thought I would after hearing them in session on R6. As for the rest Underworld and Lumineers, forgettable can't remember a single thing about them.

Roll on next/this week and peace and love Guy!

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The knob twiddler with Underworld. He reminds me of me at work, looks busy, has convinced people he is vital and very good at his job but I suspect actually does very little.

replace the words "with Underworld" to "from Norfolk" and you have just described me. My wife thinks so anyway

Edited by dingbat2