Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just watched the New Year's Eve/Day Hootie Thingie and a couple of worthy standouts

Rhiannon Gittens was very good. Enjoyed Pauline Black and Arthur 'Gaps' Hendrickson doing some Selecter stuff. Beth Hart was excellent and would provide a dash of the missing Blues for G.

James Bay (missed him on Pyramid 2015), liked the cut of his jib, I was familiar with the single (Hold Back The River) but I also enjoyed his cover of Van The Man's "Domino" and (IIRC) Fogerty's "Proud Mary"

Worth catching up on.

18 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

Just watched the New Year's Eve/Day Hootie Thingie and a couple of worthy standouts

Rhiannon Gittens was very good. Enjoyed Pauline Black and Arthur 'Gaps' Hendrickson doing some Selecter stuff. Beth Hart was excellent and would provide a dash of the missing Blues for G.

James Bay (missed him on Pyramid 2015), liked the cut of his jib, I was familiar with the single (Hold Back The River) but I also enjoyed his cover of Van The Man's "Domino" and (IIRC) Fogerty's "Proud Mary"

Worth catching up on.

seen Rhiannon Giddens a few times she's more commonly billed as Carolina Chocolate Drops - who are definitely worth seeing live

Edited by 5co77ie

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

So Jools is back for a 48th series, Laura Mvula just opened the show with Overcome, it sounded fantastic, I look forward to her at Glastonbury 

48th series?

I thought it was just one long relentless one. 

Like a welcome unremitting Friday Glastonbury shite akin to a shit magician pulling a neverending stream of tissues out of his sleeve.

Like a dog shitting out a towel...Like a...ohhh, you get the idea...

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

48th series?

I thought it was just one long relentless one. 

Like a welcome unremitting Friday Glastonbury shite akin to a shit magician pulling a neverending stream of tissues out of his sleeve.

Like a dog shitting out a towel...Like a...ohhh, you get the idea...

So BBC iplayer told me, I didn't do any background research 

• Upvote 1

Paul Simon didn't look long for this plain of existence.  If you ain't got him in the deadpool, get on it.  Especially given 2016 is the year of the dead musical legend already.

4 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Paul Simon didn't look long for this plain of existence.  If you ain't got him in the deadpool, get on it.  Especially given 2016 is the year of the dead musical legend already.

Nooooooooooo. Paul Simon has been part of my life since before I could talk, I'm not having him die before I get to see him play live.