• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

This. People saying that it's "too soon" but those people won't be so up in arms if it was The Cure or Biffy Clyro or Pulp or Muse booked to headline this year.

...actually, can we have Pulp? :P

You can never have too much Cure.

But, seriously, of course we bloody would. We don't want to end up like V or, even worse, Sonisphere. R&L have one of the largest pools to choose from, and there have been enough viable suggests over the last few months for fill three of four years, so this is a kop out.

Because of how bad the announced bands are.

Yeah, but my point still stands, that it's only a couple of bands out of a hell of a lot. Let's take the 2008 line-up, which is regarded as one of the all time best on here. Imagine the reaction if the first announcement was these bands:

The Killers

The Fratellis

Plain White T's

The Ting Tings

Elliot Minor

People on here would be crying into their Arcade Fire t-shirts. :D

Im scared about where Bugg and Disclosure are going to be placed.

Will Disclosure sub again on NME? There was no mention of them headlining and I would hate it if they were on main...they would also look shit on that stage.

Bugg is obviously mainstage but how high? I would assume 3rd but a small part of me thinks he might sub to Arctics which would be horrible.

As for the rest of announcment, Metronmy, meh. I am Legion, meh, Wilkinson, who? Of Mice and Men, just another teen band to open the main stage.

Disclosure are headlining the nme, the website says

Bugg will probably be 3rd/4th

I am Legion are Radio 1 extra

Wilkinson is Dance Stage

Of Mice and Men is Lock Up

So Metronomy headlining FR maybe?

Edited by jonodillieono

Worst thing for me is that a lot of the people i'd go to festivals with love the announcement, and one of the only festivals that would seemingly invite them away from Reading is Global fucking Gathering. I've got tough work ahead of me, but I already messaged a couple of people the after festival video of Secret Garden Party to divert their attention from Blink :P

I didn't really enjoy SGP this year. Not enough focus on the music, too much on people taking stupid drugs like ketamine and doing weird shit.

Looking at 2kTrees, Truck, Latitude, EOTR and Bestival. Maybe see about hunting a couple of other small ones.

Im scared about where Bugg and Disclosure are going to be placed.

Will Disclosure sub again on NME? There was no mention of them headlining and I would hate it if they were on main...they would also look shit on that stage.

Bugg is obviously mainstage but how high? I would assume 3rd but a small part of me thinks he might sub to Arctics which would be horrible.

As for the rest of announcment, Metronmy, meh. I am Legion, meh, Wilkinson, who? Of Mice and Men, just another teen band to open the main stage.

bugg will be 3rd at wrost case

disclosure are in nme, zane said that, not sure if its headlining or subbing though

as a big dance music fan, who the hell is wilkinson? after the likes of knife party, sub focus and magnetic man, i was expecting smoeone, a bit bigger

I didn't really enjoy SGP this year. Not enough focus on the music, too much on people taking stupid drugs like ketamine and doing weird shit.

Looking at 2kTrees, Truck, Latitude, EOTR and Bestival. Maybe see about hunting a couple of other small ones.

Interesting, I heard very good things bout it from people who went in 2012...

I don't doubt that, all I've heard is that their arena shows are actually very good. I think that's what they are now - an arena band. Them headlining last time due to reunion was decent (despite the set being crap), weren't they slated to sub-headline/low on the card at TitP a year later?

They pulled out before the stage splits were announced iirc but when they did, The Strokes were added and they only subbed the 2nd stage (against Beyonce on the main). So can assume that would have been where Blink would have played.

Blink (I will go see if i need too... Hopefully they play from Enigma Of The State the most)

Jake Bugg (Missed him for the last two years so will be there most likely)

Disclosure (:D Yes please)

Metronomy (I like them)

Wilkinson (I love a good dance act.. .but im not going to see them as they are same time as headliners)

Of mice and men (No thanks... i thought it was Of Monsters And Men :()

I am legion (Dont know who they are)

Disclosure are headlining the nme, the website says

Bugg will probably be 3rd/4th

I am Legion are Radio 1 extra

Wilkinson is Dance Stage

Of Mice and Men is Lock Up

So Metronomy headlining FR maybe?

Metronomy are R1 too. OMAM are headlining the Rock Stage (kinda hope it's all 3 days this year as it was much better attended than the Lock Up)

Blink (I will go see if i need too... Hopefully they play from Enigma Of The State the most)

Jake Bugg (Missed him for the last two years so will be there most likely)

Disclosure (:D Yes please)

Metronomy (I like them)

Wilkinson (I love a good dance act.. .but im not going to see them as they are same time as headliners)

Of mice and men (No thanks... i thought it was Of Monsters And Men :()

I am legion (Dont know who they are)

It's Enema Of The State :D

Interesting, I heard very good things bout it from people who went in 2012...

It's a fun festival, there's lots going on and you can have great bimbles, but the atmosphere isn't one of music lovers, it's of Londoners breaking away from City life. I'm glad I've been once but I wouldn't go again.

Not a fan of Blink and think its a weak booking, but I think it shows that the info was right so I'm happy at the prospect of Arctic Monkeys playing after it looked doubtful. Would also make sense with the 'best british band in the last 10 years' so im guessing these were the two booked early on.