The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Salmond is Alba isnt he? he wont be back

Bit of surprise on Strugeon. Must have been the TERFs which got her

Salmond will now be the geezer leading the indie charge. Vote indie, vote sex offending. 

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

That's what I thought but she was asked two questions about a missing six hundred grand during the press conference that she refused to answer.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Salmond is Alba isnt he? he wont be back

Sturgeon completely fucked up the gender recognition thing and has demonstrated that there's not the solutions to the difficult parts of the issue. And more discussion and public agreement is needed to move the issue forwards. 

3 minutes ago, lost said:

That's what I thought but she was asked two questions about a missing six hundred grand during the press conference that she refused to answer.

They still haven't found the missing million, lots of hands in the pot in the indie movement. 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

No he won’t lol, how can you even think that. Alba are a dead party, they failed to do anything at the holyrood or local elections and he is now less popular that Hitler after his trial.

Indie has had two strong leadrr, sturgeon is leaving the stage with no one to replace her, Salmond can step into that space. 

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

Indie has had two strong leadrr, sturgeon is leaving the stage with no one to replace her, Salmond can step into that space. 

No, he can’t. He’s leader of a party with next to 0 influence. 2 seats in Westminster they will lose and no seats in holyrood and no council presence. You know nothing about Scottish politics im afraid Neil. The snp leader will always be the figurehead of the Indy movement 

23 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

No, he can’t. He’s leader of a party with next to 0 influence. 2 seats in Westminster they will lose and no seats in holyrood and no council presence. You know nothing about Scottish politics im afraid Neil. The snp leader will always be the figurehead of the Indy movement 

Yeah, Hes rating in the last Scotsman poll had him at -57. He isnt coming back to lead the SNP lol

58 minutes ago, Neil said:

Sturgeon completely fucked up the gender recognition thing and has demonstrated that there's not the solutions to the difficult parts of the issue. And more discussion and public agreement is needed to move the issue forwards. 

You mean the 6 year in making bill with loads of input from all sides, and which passed the Scottish Parliament with cross part support, was done too quickly??? Despite what flaws people felt it had, its rubbish to say it was pushed through without disucussion

Its the same legal requirements as in Germany and other European countries, they seem to cope fine with it. I guess we have more transphobes in the UK though

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Neil said:

there is as much chance of you stepping into that space as Salmond

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Sturgeon is giving up riding the unicorn and that's the end of indie.  

You might be right but the demise of the SNP has been proclaimed many times before. So who knows?

9 minutes ago, LJS said:

You might be right but the demise of the SNP has been proclaimed many times before. So who knows?

I think the SNP will lose some seats at the next election, and labour will make more of a comeback. I suspect the calls for a second referendum will take a baskseat for the next leader, who will want to make more of a mark as a competent leader. Maybe Kate Forbes? though she is part of religious nutter church which opposes abortion and gay marriage...

So not dead, but i dont expect anything on it for another 5 years or so

Edited by zahidf

21 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think the SNP will lose some seats at the next election, and labour will make more of a comeback. I suspect the calls for a second referendum will take a baskseat for the next leader, who will want to make more of a mark as a competent leader. Maybe Kate Forbes? though she is part of religious nutter church which opposes abortion and gay marriage...

So not dead, but i dont expect anything on it for another 5 years or so

If you can see how Sturgeon got tied up in knots over the trans issue, imagine what would happen to Forbes. I wouldn’t think she can fob off issues related to abortion, gay marriage and trans issues in a leadership contest. I think it will end up being Swinney

Goodbye poison dwarf, hello Russy 👋 A day full of surprises.

Sturgeon generally accepted to have nudged the game plan on to 50/50.

Russy and nasty Nic will be back to comment I hope when the day comes.

In the meantime, will Scotland get in line and vote Tory ? Douglas Ross as next FM 😳🤣

• Upvote 1